• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to use a special 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen blend. I bought a compressor from a guy who said that nitrogen was great for tires and this compressor puts it out at 78% purity levels. I figure once the 21% oxygen leaks out, I can refill the tires and that will give me about 94% nitrogen. Do that the next time and I'd have 98.68% nitrogen. Right on. :p :rolleyes:

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to use a special 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen blend. I bought a compressor from a guy who said that nitrogen was great for tires and this compressor puts it out at 78% purity levels. I figure once the 21% oxygen leaks out, I can refill the tires and that will give me about 94% nitrogen. Do that the next time and I'd have 98.68% nitrogen. Right on. :p :rolleyes:
Absolutely! This particular "blend" has been tested and proven over many years. 4 out of 5 automotive technicians recommend this blend.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
NASCAR, F1, Indy Cars, Rolex Series, and just about every other sanctioned race series has been using nitrogen in the tires for years.
It gives a predictable rate of growth as the tires heat up, it repels water (such as moisture in the air lines) and there were a couple of other reasons they were using it over normal compressed air.

stu ostler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?

It doesn't say who making the HUD - It may be that Skyzmatic at 2-grand wasn't getting the "takers" they expected and have modified it to this HUD.
At $480. I'd go for it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?

It doesn't say who making the HUD - It may be that Skyzmatic at 2-grand wasn't getting the "takers" they expected and have modified it to this HUD.
At $480. I'd go for it.
And besides you; who has called it a Skyzmatic-Lite?
Who makes it is withheld because they don't need people contacting the manufacturer to ask questions.
If you have questions, you can contact Elio Motors and ask them.
I have a list of all the contact information for EM if you need it.

Top Bottom