• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but an alternative instrument panel would be a WHOLE lot cheaper than all of the zoomy technology. I'll certainly have a stand-alone GPS on my Elio, and I'm considering a TPMS because a slow leak could be critical - and an incipient flat near invisible thanks to the wheel fairings. I'd hate to wait to hear that tell-tale flap-flap-flap . . . I'm not fond of surprises out on the two-lane.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes Ty, it's probably the same picture as the one in the Configurator, but I got it from the Trending Topics.. it's bigger and easier to see :rolleyes:

The thing that really convinced me though was the asymmetrical positions of the blindspot cameras. If the whole works is mounted on the right (starboard) side of a vehicle (as it would be for a vehicle in Singapore) the left side camera would need to be pointed more to the side then the right side one. And, that appears to be the case in that picture.

If they're going to be making these things for an Elio, they'll need to make the blindspot camera positioning symmetrical.. and that could mean manufacturing in the USA?? Long shot, I know.. but, maybe.. Spade Techs did just open an office in LA in April. Think they're hiring?
I figured. You are right. That picture is larger format. I was just poking in fun anyway.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You think the "Dat one by da O ........" was serious? Ok.... Moving right along :becky:
Well, in Shreveport, they (Saints Fans) call it "Who Dat Nation" I think they stole it from the Bengals who used "Who Dey"... Further, the LSU Tigers... It seems every other car down there had "GEAUX Tigers!" on it somewhere.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but an alternative instrument panel would be a WHOLE lot cheaper than all of the zoomy technology. I'll certainly have a stand-alone GPS on my Elio, and I'm considering a TPMS because a slow leak could be critical - and an incipient flat near invisible thanks to the wheel fairings. I'd hate to wait to hear that tell-tale flap-flap-flap . . . I'm not fond of surprises out on the two-lane.
You don't check the air in your tires on a regular basis? Just like checking your fluid levels?
Hmm must be my OCD that makes me do it once a week then. ;)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't check the air in your tires on a regular basis? Just like checking your fluid levels?
I look my tires over but don't bother checking them more often than every other month or so. I know, bad maintenance practice... it's hard to tell when a tire is down by 5% but TPMS will only tell you if they are down by 25%!!! Well, according to this, that's all they are required to do: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/TPMSfinalrule.6/TPMSfinalrule.6.html

I'd like to think that on a 40lb tire, I could tell if it were 10 pounds low but you can't always be sure. Of course, from the driver's seat, you would be able to see the front two tires.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naw, I just give 'em a kick every few days . . . thunk vs. thud. Fortunately radials are very quick to show low pressure. I've had a rudimentary TPMS of a couple of cars - that used increasing relative wheel speed (from the ABS sensors) to trigger a warning. It worked surprisingly well, but it only indicated that you had a low tire - not which one. :becky:

Top Bottom