• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one thing I remember when I was shopping HUD's was the brightness of the display. The cheaper one's weren't able to deal with direct sunlight/washout, so I'm waiting for something in OLED tech. Also if comes as a option it should be built into the dash.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The one thing I remember when I was shopping HUD's was the brightness of the display. The cheaper one's weren't able to deal with direct sunlight/washout, so I'm waiting for something in OLED tech. Also if comes as a option it should be built into the dash.

I doubt we'd see the HUD built into the dash, due to the amount of work it would take to pull apart the dash at the marshalling centers.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The unit pictured on the configurator really looks like the Navdy. Now that it's pretty clear Elio is going with the OBD_II bus, the Navdy should work.

Navdy is the WORST corporate communicator ever which accounts for a lot of the anger people feel towards them.
The Explorer program is in essence a public beta, and i have heard US Explorer units will be shipped by the end of this month. Maybe it's true.

Elio is about a quantum level better about communicating than Navdy is. They are a case study in pissing off the public. And their director of corporate communications cannot be contacted and his own website is a blind front.

Bad strategy. I haven't cancelled my order. But then i still believe in the tooth fairy and expect an Elio in my driveway a year from now.

Last edited:

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I resisted the change from dumb phone to smart phone for a very long time. I wouldn't have changed at all, except that I was able to get a very cheap cell service plan through a particular carrier.
Don't get me wrong. I've had smart phones for years. I now pay $36/mo. for 2 phones. My wife has a smart phone with data, so I could have one at no extra cost.
I just don't feel like I have to be "in touch" 24/7. My cell phone stays "OFF" if I'm at home or in the airplane.

Hob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y'all seen the Trending Topics released to day, with the Configurator additions?

This:
Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 9.35.32 AM.png

Looks an awful lot like an iSCOUT.

Hob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Ty, it's probably the same picture as the one in the Configurator, but I got it from the Trending Topics.. it's bigger and easier to see :rolleyes:

The thing that really convinced me though was the asymmetrical positions of the blindspot cameras. If the whole works is mounted on the right (starboard) side of a vehicle (as it would be for a vehicle in Singapore) the left side camera would need to be pointed more to the side then the right side one. And, that appears to be the case in that picture.

If they're going to be making these things for an Elio, they'll need to make the blindspot camera positioning symmetrical.. and that could mean manufacturing in the USA?? Long shot, I know.. but, maybe.. Spade Techs did just open an office in LA in April. Think they're hiring?

Top Bottom