• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I would go with any of the HUD's on the market, including the one that EM is offering, I want to see one operating in a running vehicle.
There have got to be differences in display brightness, transparency, ease of reading the data on the screen and so on.
While they look good in pictures, they could be completely different in real time use.
Do I want to look at a display, the size of a cell phone screen, from 3' away? (That is just about the distance from your head from the windshield when you're sitting back in the seat; if not further).
But I'm most interested in the display in bright daylight. If you can't see it easily, what good is it?

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I assume the HUD will also be effected by outside light and glare. Especially the early morning and evening hours if you are driving east or west.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neat. Cheap. Good find. One question though. Why, on their sale page do they show the reflective film with crappy air bubbles? Have they never applied window tint? They really should have done a better job.
205072-z3.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Neat. Cheap. Good find. One question though. Why, on their sale page do they show the reflective film with crappy air bubbles? Have they never applied window tint? They really should have done a better job.
205072-z3.jpg
Because the photographer said he could take them out of the picture? So they did a peel, lick and stick install.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Neat. Cheap. Good find. One question though. Why, on their sale page do they show the reflective film with crappy air bubbles?
If you could find the window sticker by itself, Torque has a HUD mode that displays the screen in reverse. If you already have the phone, then all you need is the sticker, some kind of anti-skid pad to lay your phone on, and the bluetooth adapter.

... I may have to see if I can find something that might work for that. Interesting idea. Anybody have any ideas?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you could find the window sticker by itself, Torque has a HUD mode that displays the screen in reverse. If you already have the phone, then all you need is the sticker, some kind of anti-skid pad to lay your phone on, and the bluetooth adapter.

... I may have to see if I can find something that might work for that. Interesting idea. Anybody have any ideas?
I didn't think about using Torque that way. Hmm.. I can see using a Qi recharging pad on the dash and having Torque display up while charging the phone. You'd never have to plug in the phone and it would charge while you drive. Torque would be your HUD and you already have the phone. Well, except the Technologically impaired out there. :rolleyes:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was browsing through the options soon after I got it, and found the check box for "HUD Mode". Huh, wonder what that does... *tap* What? Why is the screen backwards? ...oh... Cool!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom