• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The first - ever all - electric Blazer EV

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had no idea that there was an available electric Blazer option. The big three auto makers appear to be jumping in on to the rapidly growing market trend towards EVs. I was initially range anxiety skeptical of EVs, but as it turns out, very happy with my EV decision after driving it for 3 years now.

1694623901074.jpeg

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heck, Ford was losing money on their pickups. The 2023 Nissan Leaf is bigger and better than ever. The Chevy Bolt is being replaced by the Equinox EV

1694642380674.jpeg

1694656560529.jpeg

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had no idea that there was an available electric Blazer option. The big three auto makers appear to be jumping in on to the rapidly growing market trend towards EVs.

View attachment 26713
we looked at one when we were considering vehicles to purchase .... it was nice enough and in some ways compared favorably with the Blazer RS that ended up purchasing ..... if it had of been a hybrid we might have given it stronger consideration .... the dealer we purchased from has some electric demo vehicles but none of the 2024 models have sold

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we looked at one when we were considering vehicles to purchase .... it was nice enough and in some ways compared favorably with the Blazer RS that ended up purchasing ..... if it had of been a hybrid we might have given it stronger consideration .... the dealer we purchased from has some electric demo vehicles but none of the 2024 models have sold
It would have been interesting to do a performance based test drive comparison. :)

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Look half way down the page for this and read it (I'm not going to steal the content):

Third time’s not the charm​

Summary about GM and EVs: They kill them often because sales are terrible.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ford is touting ammonia (hydrogen) as is Toyota.
Instead of touting it, then get with the program. Ford has been pushing this for about 20 years. I know. Back in the day a company here called Air Products is the largest producer of Hydrogen on the planet. They had Hydrogen powered Ford e series with the V10 to transport people around their HQ. The CEO even had a Hydrogen powered BMW (when BMW was on that bandwagon). They even developed and had on their campus, a hydrogen filling station. They even let the employees use the Hydrogen powered Equinox.

Then it all came to an end. I'm tired of these companies all excited to come out with the next great Hydrogen powered vehicle and then we never see anything. Ford, Toyota, GM and BMW have been pushing this for a long time. Yet they never seem to act upon it. I believe it's a pipe dream and one of the big holdups comes down to the distribution and efficiency. Plus, most Hydrogen is made from Natural Gas. Thus, we are trading out one thing for another.

Electric at least has a built in infrastructure. Hydrogen does not.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Look half way down the page for this and read it (I'm not going to steal the content):

Third time’s not the charm​

Summary about GM and EVs: They kill them often because sales are terrible.
Actually less than a month after announcing the end of the Bolt, they reversed and said they would be bringing it back on their Ultium EV platform. So the bolt isn't dead, it's getting a Gen 2.

Top Bottom