• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Board Is Buzzing!! It's Alive!!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WWWHHAATTT????

E splain plez

Looks like the chart shows from Jan 1 to present date, and 11 new members signed up [user registrations] in the last week. Next highest is 8 members registering around March 3rd-ish...Unless I'm reading your graph completely wrong.

Plus...if the average weight of the new members is 181.8 lbs., we did indeed gain a TON of new members. ;):D

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could tell you how to get about that by adjusting the local GPO, but it would probably get you in trouble. :becky:
Coss, you seem to be pretty good with computers. Why can't they make turning them on a little simpler for us old geezers?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss, you seem to be pretty good with computers. Why can't they make turning them on a little simpler for us old geezers?
You push one button and it's on; how much simpler do you want it? :becky:

As in for being good with computers; yeah, I know my way around a keyboard; that's probably from doing IT work for 25+ years.
I started in computers (programming) then went to being a mechanic, then a custom car builder till I got hurt; then went back to computers (degrees (2) in networking and computer systems); and now retired.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You push one button and it's on; how much simpler do you want it? :becky:

As in for being good with computers; yeah, I know my way around a keyboard; that's probably from doing IT work for 25+ years.
I started in computers (programming) then went to being a mechanic, then a custom car builder till I got hurt; then went back to computers (degrees (2) in networking and computer systems); and now retired.
Mine doesn't work that easily. I have to get the right remote to turn on the screen. Then turn on the computer. But that's not enough. Then I have to login to the computer software. Then I have to log in to the internet software. Then I have to figure out which malware to avoid to get to the screen I wanted when I turned on my computer.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't work that easily. I have to get the right remote to turn on the screen. Then turn on the computer. But that's not enough. Then I have to login to the computer software. Then I have to log in to the internet software. Then I have to figure out which malware to avoid to get to the screen I wanted when I turned on my computer.
Ahh; then you've never had a machine with my setup. If you want it fixed, PM me. I was used to having a few hundred (like 640) brain dead end users, so I had to come up with a setup that was secure and as simple as you can make it; otherwise I would have to be at that office running training classes on how to turn the machine on; some even had to be taught which one was the computer and which one was the monitor. One thought the computer was the screen on the desk, and the brain was the box on the floor. So in a situation like that, a label maker is a great tool to have.
The end users were good at their job, but couldn't be bothered with learning anything more (more like they didn't want to) so computers, copiers, printers and coffee pots were the job of other people. (aka snobs).

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh; then you've never had a machine with my setup. If you want it fixed, PM me. I was used to having a few hundred (like 640) brain dead end users, so I had to come up with a setup that was secure and as simple as you can make it; otherwise I would have to be at that office running training classes on how to turn the machine on; some even had to be taught which one was the computer and which one was the monitor. One thought the computer was the screen on the desk, and the brain was the box on the floor. So in a situation like that, a label maker is a great tool to have.
The end users were good at their job, but couldn't be bothered with learning anything more (more like they didn't want to) so computers, copiers, printers and coffee pots were the job of other people. (aka snobs).
Yep. You got me pegged. I'm the old dog that doesn't like new tricks. My daughter is threatening to put parental controls on me so I don't mess the computer up.

Top Bottom