• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Texas Show Apr. 22-24: Post Your Questions

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of the "premature speculation" came from a young fellow named Paul Elio.

True, but the question was regarding the tariff and the boost spec. I haven't seen anything regarding those two items. Granted "tariff" would be $0 for a home-grown component and the U.S. doesn't impose any specific fee for importing these items. The State of Arkansas does tax items at 6.5%.

On the boost side of the equation, the details appear lie in the future - unless I am mistaken (again).

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but the question was regarding the tariff and the boost spec. I haven't seen anything regarding those two items. Granted "tariff" would be $0 for a home-grown component and the U.S. doesn't impose any specific fee for importing these items. The State of Arkansas does tax items at 6.5%.

On the boost side of the equation, the details appear lie in the future - unless I am mistaken (again).

Have you see anything about them for the Ford "Ecoboost" engines?
Remember the two "Ecoboost" engines in the F150 are both twin turbos.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My F150 extended cab has the EcoBoost V6. L. U. V. it. I tow my Kubota L4240 on a 20' trailer without issues. Driving like a maniac I still get 16MPG for my daily commute though it maxed out at 25MPG during a week-long trial of 55MPH on highways when the truck was brand new. The turbos are supposed to deliver up to 12PSI of boost, but there isn't a boost gauge. All I can say is that truck accelerates impressively.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Meanwhile back at the real topic of this thread:
HonestTex can you get me an accurate measurement of the Elgin instrument cluster?

Accurate = Height in center (top to bottom), width at widest point, and if you know how to measure a curve would be great (distance from widest point, to where it goes flat on top on a parallel line) <that make sense?>
Also, how much space around it that's "open area" <free space around the outside edge>
This will help with the prototyping.

Accurate would be fantastic, close is good, "I forgot the tape measure" would be disappointing :(

Do what you can, any effort at all is really appreciated.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile back at the real topic of this thread:
HonestTex can you get me an accurate measurement of the Elgin instrument cluster?

Accurate = Height in center (top to bottom), width at widest point, and if you know how to measure a curve would be great (distance from widest point, to where it goes flat on top on a parallel line) <that make sense?>
Also, how much space around it that's "open area" <free space around the outside edge>
This will help with the prototyping.

Accurate would be fantastic, close is good, "I forgot the tape measure" would be disappointing :(

Do what you can, any effort at all is really appreciated.

Throw a dollar bill up next to it for scale so they don't get suspicious. :spy:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the 914 or similar predecessor is what I remembered from about 1977 and it was used at that time.

ps It's looking more and more like I'll go up to Dallas Friday to see it. I can't hurt my foot any more than I already have after breaking the pin and the bone not fusing. But at least it doesn't hurt.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If nothing gets in the way, I Wii be at the show Friday the 22nd. If you have any questions, post them and I'll try to get the answers. These are what I have so far:

1. Any update on the E series build?
2. Any update on the DOE loan?
(don't expect anything out of those, but doesn't hurt to ask)
3. Daytime running lights?
4. Body panel material and molding process?
5. Final location of shifter/driver cup holder?
6. Tire size the open fenders are designed to fit?
7. Will open fenders be sold alone, or only with the tires and rims?
8. Estimated date when myelio.me will be up?

Smartphone pics will be all I can do, so they will not be as good as previous ones.
Do they (Elio) allow video, or is it strictly still photos?
video all you like ... but be careful how you use the video. If you're using it as "news" you don't need a release from any recognizable persons, but if you're using it in any form of advertising, releases are a must.

Last edited:
Top Bottom