• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tesla Announces $35,000 Base Model 3 Is Finally Available

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for fun, I went to the process of ordering one, basic Tesla 3 in black and it says about a month's time for delivery! Really, that's all??? I mean a month's wait is nothing if they can actually fufill the first 500k early reservation holders that's been waiting for almost 2 years. I will be following this really closely.
Keep in mind that over 100,000 fully optioned Tesla Model 3’s have been delivered as of October 2018 and 4 months later scaled production is cranking out an additional 5000+ units per week.

I was an early Tesla Model 3 reservationist, received an official invite to order a “fully optioned” Model 3 ($54K) months ago with delivery scheduled for August 2018, but decided to request my $1K refund after a year and a half loooooong wait. I hadn’t owned/driven a Sedan in over 15 years and decided a Sport Utility Vehicle is a more functional vehicle class. The Tesla Model Y will better fit my old guy driver comfort and function needs. The wait for the Model Y announcement and possible delivery will be easier having the Arcimoto Fun Utility Vehicle available for my daily driving needs.

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Musk is a true American manufacturing titan!

He’s the only volume production new American Automobile manufacturer that’s successfully entered the market in decades!

He’s changed the way Americans and the world look at EV vehicles!

He’s made giant leaps in bringing autonomous driving technology to consumers, and is a pioneer with regards to privately owned rocket companies!

Some companies promise innovative consumer products, but Elon Musk actually executes, and brings them to market in a timely manner!

Yes, he’s controversial, but that’s his charm!

Go Elon!!!!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In our area there are a number of Model 3's driving around. The one I drove in Ohio was impressive and Tesla has done a good job making it happen. The quality is pretty much along the lines of any modern car today. It is nice to see an American car do so well.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Musk is a true American manufacturing titan!

He’s the only volume production new American Automobile manufacturer that’s successfully entered the market in decades!

He’s changed the way Americans and the world look at EV vehicles!

He’s made giant leaps in bringing autonomous driving technology to consumers, and is a pioneer with regards to privately owned rocket companies!

Some companies promise innovative consumer products, but Elon Musk actually executes, and brings them to market in a timely manner!

Yes, he’s controversial, but that’s his charm!

Go Elon!!!!
Totally agree! Somehow, time and time again he makes good on his promise to deliver even when the odds are against him.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are two new visionary vehicle startups that have recently reached the starting line to production and ready to enter the EV Commuter market. If their three wheeler EVs prove public acceptance, they too may cross over from the dreamer column to the pioneer column as did Elon Musk. I hope so! Go Mark Frohnmayer and Jerry Kroll!

Elon, Please focus on the Modely Y!

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are two new visionary vehicle startups that have recently reached the starting line to production and ready to enter the EV Commuter market. If their three wheeler EVs prove public acceptance, they too may cross over from the dreamer column to the pioneer column as did Elon Musk. I hope so! Go Mark Frohnmayer and Jerry Kroll!

Elon, Please focus on the Modely Y!
Even the base model Tesla 3's performance is very impressive at 220 mile range, 130 mph and 0-60 in 5.6 sec.! No wonder Tesla is overwhelmed with orders in China alone!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even the base model Tesla 3's performance is very impressive at 220 mile range, 130 mph and 0-60 in 5.6 sec.! No wonder Tesla is overwhelmed with orders in China alone!
...........and has simple lines, classy, aero Tesla styling to include a refined interior that appeals to the masses to go along with those performance numbers. A complete package.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And more importantly, Musk has delivered hundreds of thousands of Teslas without taking a single non- refundable deposit.

I like the ethics of the Tesla business model...eventually you get a vehicle... or your deposit is refunded!

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In our area there are a number of Model 3's driving around. The one I drove in Ohio was impressive and Tesla has done a good job making it happen. The quality is pretty much along the lines of any modern car today. It is nice to see an American car do so well.

In Houston, Tesla’s are a common vehicle. Thousands on the street.

I see dozens of model 3’s every day.

Top Bottom