• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suspicious Email From Startengine

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only made that statement based on a personal experience when I took a copy of my daughter's card into a social security office and showed it to the agent. He said it was illegal to copy a SS card.

I searched the internet and SSA and can not find a legal ruling.

Many places require a copy, identity theft be damned.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's good to know it was legit and that the contact info we've given is likely secure. It's still probably a good idea for anyone getting similar emails to verify with StartEngine independently, just to be safe.
Me too:

Hi Michael,

Your transfer of $2,400.00 for an investment in Elio Motors has been cleared. If this offering closes, your investment is cleared and can be transferred from the escrow account to the issuing company's account.

If you have any further questions, please contact StartEngine customer support via email at contact@startengine.com or live chat on our website by clicking on the green chat widget in the lower right corner.

Best,
The StartEngine Team

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too:

Hi Michael,

Your transfer of $2,400.00 for an investment in Elio Motors has been cleared. If this offering closes, your investment is cleared and can be transferred from the escrow account to the issuing company's account.

If you have any further questions, please contact StartEngine customer support via email at contact@startengine.com or live chat on our website by clicking on the green chat widget in the lower right corner.

Best,
The StartEngine Team

Further confirmation via chat on "StartEngine" Website:

Wyatt Thompson:
This is indeed an email from us.
Me:
I believe you'ver answered my question Wyatt, thanks!

350mx960sISR4BSOJH71BXIQeu0w1rr5-concierge?1449335509555.png

Wyatt Thompson
Thank you Michael!
Me:
Have a great year!! Go Elio!!!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a similar email, I go by my middle name and forgot to use my first name (legal name) I informed them of the fact and everything went through, I too wouldn't send a copy of my card. I was reluctant enough send my SSN out into cyberspace.

Reaction score
I remember getting chilled reading that start engine had to clear our transactions with a 'Government Agency'. I freaked out and asked WHAT Government Agency, FBI, CIA, Homeland, Home Office, Sherriff's Office, or the I-R-S? Freaked didn't stop me and I transferred money, but day gone it. I think that what ever government agency caught abnormalities and dis-approved some transactions. Gives me the chills and ticks me off. Not at elio or start engine but you know how I feel about the government spying, prying and grabbing at our balls. Just Saying ...

Top Bottom