• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting blueprints be released, just that they have cameras in the shop showing them working on something..

Since they are at this point they are supposed to be making 23 test vehicles.

Such would do alot to pound those into the ground that are saying ELIO is running a scam.
I'd love to agree with you, but I suspect that doubters would prefer to believe any video would be fake and they would point to the video and some perceived flaw to PROVE it was a scam anyway. Believers believe and doubters doubt. It really isn't about evidence. To some, every start up is a scam because they can't GUARANTEE anything at this stage. It's the nature of the beast.

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember one of my student's taking a picture at the Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green KY. It was a big no no. They wanted to confiscate his film.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting blueprints be released, just that they have cameras in the shop showing them working on something..
Since they are at this point they are supposed to be making 23 test vehicles.
Such would do alot to pound those into the ground that are saying ELIO is running a scam.
Ok, so you want live video feeds; can we have the links to the live video feeds from VW, or GM, or Fiat, or Ford, or any other manufacturer that does that? I'd be interested in seeing what is going on in the development areas of any manufacturer, live, unfiltered, unedited and not directed or scripted.

At least that's what you're asking Elio to do.

Like I said, provide us with a LIVE feed link from another manufacturer, not just a You Tube video of something past.

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What blind spot might that be? The term "blind spot" usually refers to the sides and rearward slightly of the vehicle while being driven forward. You are talking about a camera that only shows video when backing up... something that can be added on for around $20 in the aftermarket...

Behind the Elio is a spot approximately 4 feet long by 2 feet wide that can't be seen in the mirrors.
As most of us have been driving vehicles that have a rear window, we have become accustomed to being able to she behind us as we drive. In fact this is one of the common safety points learned during drivers ed, check forward, check the side mirrors, check the rear view mirror, constantly keep the eyes moving between all these points to be aware of what is happening around you. As Elio will have no rear window, I am seriously considering a rear view camera with the screen installed somewhere along the upper windshield (similar to the location of a conventional rear view mirror) Old habits are sometimes difficult to give up. And I think it will make parking and backing up much easier, especially parallel parking. Not being able to see inside that 4' area directly behind you when parking or backing up in tight quarters is something I really want and need. I am curious about backup camera vs. rear view camera functions and cost. Elio has said most of these options will be available for factory installation, but we have not seen anything on the customizer app about these. I would like to know what the projected cost of a backup camera vs. a rear view camera would be. I would prefer a factory installed option like these as opposed to an after market retailer. Factory installed options tend to be neater and cleaner. I am also interested in available upgrades to the AM/FM Stereo like a CD option.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
As most of us have been driving vehicles that have a rear window, we have become accustomed to being able to she behind us as we drive. In fact this is one of the common safety points learned during drivers ed, check forward, check the side mirrors, check the rear view mirror, constantly keep the eyes moving between all these points to be aware of what is happening around you. As Elio will have no rear window, I am seriously considering a rear view camera with the screen installed somewhere along the upper windshield (similar to the location of a conventional rear view mirror) Old habits are sometimes difficult to give up. And I think it will make parking and backing up much easier, especially parallel parking. Not being able to see inside that 4' area directly behind you when parking or backing up in tight quarters is something I really want and need. I am curious about backup camera vs. rear view camera functions and cost. Elio has said most of these options will be available for factory installation, but we have not seen anything on the customizer app about these. I would like to know what the projected cost of a backup camera vs. a rear view camera would be. I would prefer a factory installed option like these as opposed to an after market retailer. Factory installed options tend to be neater and cleaner. I am also interested in available upgrades to the AM/FM Stereo like a CD option.
Have you checked the Configurator on the Elio Motors site? It shows what the optional stereo looks like; along with a parking system.
Just go to http://myelio.me/ and you can go through the options that have shown so far; EM has said that this list will change multiple times depending on which options are available.

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Have you checked the Configurator on the Elio Motors site? It shows what the optional stereo looks like; along with a parking system.
Just go to http://myelio.me/ and you can go through the options that have shown so far; EM has said that this list will change multiple times depending on which options are available.
Last time I checked, the CD player option didn't seem to be available yet. Plus the options they did have for the stereo were ones that I had no interest in because of cost. Swapping out of standard AM/FM stereo for a combo AM/FM CD player stereo shouldn't be that hard or expensive.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last time I checked, the CD player option didn't seem to be available yet. Plus the options they did have for the stereo were ones that I had no interest in because of cost. Swapping out of standard AM/FM stereo for a combo AM/FM CD player stereo shouldn't be that hard or expensive.

I demand an 8-track player.
(With quadraphonic surround)

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I demand an 8-track player.
(With quadraphonic surround)
I put an 8 track in my jeep, I had the real stereo in a box I built to fit in the back after I removed the rear seats. I would throw a few Elvis 8 track tapes on the floor and leave the top off all the time and no one ever stole anything out of it.

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless they design one that only fits the Elio like they did for the C2 generation Corvettes. Replacing one of those is not cheap.

Top Bottom