• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Speculation

Robert McWhirter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Elio is still speculating on certain designs of the finished product , it's a wait and see game.

Last edited by a moderator:

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks, wait and see time is about over. You have over 8000 reservations . Lets get down to basics , determine a final mold design , get this IAV engine and drive line installed, run final tests , and GO!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks, wait and see time is about over. You have over 8000 reservations . Lets get down to basics , determine a final mold design , get this IAV engine and drive line installed, run final tests , and GO!
I won't be surprised if they're already testing the the P3 or P4 with the ACTUAL IAV engine in some isolated track somewhere trying to validate their numbers, mpg, etc. ! The thing is knowing "where" that track is.......where is IAV company based at anyways???

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be correct , but the ELIO team said the IAV would not be ready until this summer!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be correct , but the ELIO team said the IAV would not be ready until this summer!
We've got more good news! I just got an update from Elio Motors Tech Talk and apparently this company ALTAIR is the one in charge of the overall engineering of our 3 wheeler! From what I see in their website, the company is big with offices all over the world. They are the engineering integrator which will put everything together including software. And this is the good part which everybody knows already is they are WORKING hard to deliver on their promise: Their primary goal is to ACHIEVE the 4 "must" which is:
1) 84 mpg
2) Engineered for 5 star crash test
3) American made
4) $6,800.00

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the controversy surrounding the Eilo, the "naysayers" seem to be having a field day downing the car, and saying Paul Elio's figures are all wrong and he cant sell as many cars as he says he can.

I came across this Car Talk article:

"In 1986, with the Yugo ringing the cash registers, Hyundai introduced the Excel here—and promptly sold 100,000 in seven months. In 1987, sales totaled more than 230,000. Again, it was a pretty crummy car, but it sold for $4,999, and Americans love a bargain."

Full text here: http://www.cartalk.com/content/elios-6800-car-edges-closer-production

I say, WE CAN! I'm proud to be a part of this "Elio Experience", Made in the U.S.A. GO ELIO......

Top Bottom