• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sondors Electric Car

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do agree, production will be in China, in order to make it affordable in the USA.
Most likely, to satisfy local interests, they'll do some finishing in the country of delivery. Even just installing the batteries or seats will rubber-stamp the requirements.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does seem to work better than than the Elio model.
Perhaps Paul should have adopted low volume manufacturing.
Regardless of the business model, the only new startups that have actual E-Builds, 75,000 + miles on the vehicle's systems and sub-systems and about to deliver Signature Series vehicles are Arcimoto and EMV. However, EM does have more pre-orders, but perhaps because they have spent too little on R&D and too much on marketing early on.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most likely, to satisfy local interests, they'll do some finishing in the country of delivery. Even just installing the batteries or seats will rubber-stamp the requirements.
Same as EMV's assembly in the country of delivery model. EMV will have Solo Stores in those countries as well. Sonders may be on-line orders only with delivery to your garage door. Whatever Sondors does will be highly cost efficient to keep the MSRP as low as possible.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can only hope that Sondors adds ABS and Regeneration, perhaps an airbag or two?. These items would be on an Elio, but not the Solo.
Arcimoto really does not compare to the Elio, Sondors , or even Solo....

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem with these electric vehicles is range and real world use. I have to drive home in a few from work. Once home I will have commuted for 90 miles atb75-80 mpg for the day with the AC running and listening to a nice aplified stereo system that draws a lot of electricity. I just got a text from my wife, she forgot to unthaw something for dinner. So when i get home I have to shower and change, secure my work gear and get back in the Toyota Echo and drive to the store to buy something for dinner. None of these little electric cars can do this. In fact, I would need to spend 40,000+ for a vehicle that can do this, not readable for a middle class family.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem with these electric vehicles is range and real world use. I have to drive home in a few from work. Once home I will have commuted for 90 miles atb75-80 mpg for the day with the AC running and listening to a nice aplified stereo system that draws a lot of electricity. I just got a text from my wife, she forgot to unthaw something for dinner. So when i get home I have to shower and change, secure my work gear and get back in the Toyota Echo and drive to the store to buy something for dinner. None of these little electric cars can do this. In fact, I would need to spend 40,000+ for a vehicle that can do this, not readable for a middle class family.
Keep in mind even though a single or two seat EV commuter with a 70-100 mile range doesn't meet your daily driving needs it will work for 80% of the daily commuters real world use.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Sondors will offer different ranges for different needs. Just like ICE cars, you have to purchase the one that suits you...

Top Bottom