1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Solo

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by aknaten, May 11, 2020.

1. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    How long ago was your test drive in Portland? Because chances are you've test driven the one made in Canada. The ones assembled at their China assembly plant is the most updated version but EMV has not announced even a single unit sold out of their China plant. Thanks for posting your review of the SOLO test drive. MotorTrend did a review of the SOLO back in Feb. 2019 and it wasn't good at all so I know Electra Meccanica was aware of this that might be causing delays on their delivery date. It only take a few customers complaining about the SOLO handling and this single seater, single model's future in the 3wheeler market is over. JMHO.

2. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Thanks for the review. I was impressed by the FUV’s performance and handling on the early Beta test drive and improvements were made in the production model. It’s quick, stable (passed the moose test), similar driver comfort of my SUV, and just plain fun to drive. If or when it’s enclosed I’ll take delivery if I’m not too old and beat up to drive. :) Looking forward to a review on the Aptera test drive. It simply looks to wide, awkward, and low to the ground. I do plan to test drive the SOLO at the first given opportunity, but no interest in the Aptera based on styling alone.