• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

So what's to stop someone from making an Elio kit?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We know what it looks like. How hard would it be to put a kit together? I would say to completely get rid of the electric power idea, which is totally stupid with a vehicle this small. A kit could be designed to use a small, proven gas engine, something like a 1.5 Toyota Yaris engine, or an engine from a Honda Fit, which would make this vehicle much faster than the planned 55 HP engine. The rest of the vehicle could be left as Elio designed it. A kit like this could be made available for way less than $10K, made up of truly off the shelf parts. I'm in, and I think these kits would sell like cell phones!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We know what it looks like. How hard would it be to put a kit together? I would say to completely get rid of the electric power idea, which is totally stupid with a vehicle this small. A kit could be designed to use a small, proven gas engine, something like a 1.5 Toyota Yaris engine, or an engine from a Honda Fit, which would make this vehicle much faster than the planned 55 HP engine. The rest of the vehicle could be left as Elio designed it. A kit like this could be made available for way less than $10K, made up of truly off the shelf parts. I'm in, and I think these kits would sell like cell phones!
Hey grampi...

You need to check this out >>>>>> My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

I believe Mark's ride is going to be better than the other guy's.

Top Bottom