• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Skin & Moderation

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
In the past couple of weeks we've had people post pictures of women with what I consider not indecent amounts of skin showing and yet being reported. I've been deleting what has been objected to so far but this is a car/motorcycle site and that kind of stuff typically goes along with this.

There has to be a limit, but I am personally of the opinion that what is being reported for deletion is fairly normal. I also acknowledge that the majority demographic of this site is of a different generation than my own with different standards of what is acceptable or not.

The latest report is about an avatar that I can barely even see what is in it. Before doing any further "skin" moderation I'm submitting this thread for feedback about where our members feel the line should be drawn.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hesitate to respond to this since I am a woman. I am also the oldest active woman on the site. My way of managing what I felt were inappropriate avatars is to put the member on ignore. I won't say what I am using as criteria, but if seeing the avatar disturbs or is distasteful to me - I ignore. I realize I may miss some interesting posts this way but feel it is not my place to tell people what their avatars should be. :-) Z

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Zelio; if it offends you put that person on ignore.
I am so happy with this site; but having to be "politically correct" has ruined a lot of very enjoyable times, places and relaxation.
I have never run across anything I felt was in any way offensive here.
I love the Elio Owners site just the way it is, and the way it has been.
Please keep it that way and don't let the few change it for the many.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hesitate to respond to this since I am a woman. I am also the oldest active woman on the site. My way of managing what I felt were inappropriate avatars is to put the member on ignore. I won't say what I am using as criteria, but if seeing the avatar disturbs or is distasteful to me - I ignore. I realize I may miss some interesting posts this way but feel it is not my place to tell people what their avatars should be. :) Z
My aunt Olive is a neighbor of yours. She lives between Roseburg and Sutherlin, closer to Oakland, 2,000 acres east of the Highway. She is 92 years young, never had a drivers license, and never been out of Douglas County Oregon. I can't wait to take my Elio down to your neck of the woods, give her a ride, and go home on less than one tank of gas. Seriously. Are you kidding me? 672 miles on 8 gallons of gas? I want it NOW!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My aunt Olive is a neighbor of yours. She lives between Roseburg and Sutherlin, closer to Oakland, 2,000 acres east of the Highway. She is 92 years young, never had a drivers license, and never been out of Douglas County Oregon. I can't wait to take my Elio down to your neck of the woods, give her a ride, and go home on less than one tank of gas. Seriously. Are you kidding me? 672 miles on 8 gallons of gas? I want it NOW!
I hope you will let me know when you are coming by so we can say Hi. How on earth can you live in rural anywhere without a driver's license? My younger son lives in Lynnwood, WA and does not have a driver's license. However, he does have access to lots of public transportation and lives within walking distance of most of his needs. He has an electric assisted bike he rides when the weather permits. :-) Z

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the past couple of weeks we've had people post pictures of women with what I consider not indecent amounts of skin showing and yet being reported. I've been deleting what has been objected to so far but this is a car/motorcycle site and that kind of stuff typically goes along with this.

I agree completely. I have not seen anything here worse than can be seen on primetime television or on magazine covers at the grocery store checkout. Anyone more sensitive than that needs to deal with it in their own way (that doesn't impact others). Ignore, block, look away, whatever.

Auto manufacturers have been using models for years at shows. Female models. Get over it.

Ol' Blue

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... interesting topic ... first let me say I have not seen any avatars or images here that I found to be offensive ... however being a man of faith I feel that when any person is shown in an extreme state of undress I am concerned about young eyes who might see the image thus being exposed to things beyond thier years of understanding ... on the other hand when I have traveled to other countries I accept thier culture for how it is without judgment ... same thing here ... this is not my home ... I am a guest & will accept the culture as it is ... if I don't like it I can block it or skip past it ... it is up to me to control what enters my mind ... so whatever the moderators decide I'm good with it ... no one is forcing me to be here ...

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I missed it I guess?
Anyhoo, IMO, this isn't for nudity, though I haven't seen any Elios wearing bras.. :confused:
I report those spam threads when I see them though. I don't need miracle lotions or full bodied hair! (It gets no longer than half an inch before I cut it anyway)
As you can see in my picture, I'm sleeveless, but the spare tire is decently covered. I don't mind seeing "models" showing off our Elios, but I'll pass on the full spread all over the hood. :eek:
I love the interactions I see here, light humor, as well as serious banter. This is a terrific group and I'd really be bummed out to see it ruined by one or a few.
Keep up the great work!!!
Again, IMO.. :D

Top Bottom