• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sign The Petition To Promote The Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't you still have to confirm through the email?
So sure, you could robo spam the site, but you'd also have to set up all those email addresses then click on the links once the gov site sent you the confirmation, no?
No problem, one can easily automate that, leveraging current Email providers. There are ones out there with out real secure 'capcha' protection. I've done similar automation myself (minus the Capcha override).
But all they really need to do is implement their own email system for a short time and bang! 100,000 robot email accounts.
But of course such a 'trick' would look pretty obvious, and get treated accordingly. Still, for a while, they get a nice count showing up for the public to see.

Anyway, just saying, our entry will look better that the counts might suggest.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Huh? :confused: I'm not smart enough to even attempt that! :D
Bottom line. In order to prevent people from using bots to sign, or from using bogus email addresses, they send an email to the address you entered. Then the vote doesn't count until you click on the confirmation from the email. To spam this would be a lot of work... do-able, but time consuming (and wrong).

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can we sign once for every email address that we use?

my wife and I use the same email address .... when I signed yesterday I was #4 .... this morning she tried to sign using the same email address .... when she returned their email it was accepted but her initials haven't shown in the list .... from that it would appear the program will not take multiple attempts from the same email address

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my wife and I use the same email address .... when I signed yesterday I was #4 .... this morning she tried to sign using the same email address .... when she returned their email it was accepted but her initials haven't shown in the list .... from that it would appear the program will not take multiple attempts from the same email address
Hey! I never noticed the initials on there... Cool. I'm #82 or so...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, Goofy I'm finally on Facebook, but I'm not sure why. :confused:
I've been on FB too for a short time to follow progress on Elio Motors and Lit Motors concept vehicles. Lot's of info out there and of course opinions and comments you may not like to hear, but one can sort through that. I have no photos and or personal info posted other than what was required to sign up. Also, I have not solicited and do not accept friend requests. Social media scares me just a little as it can suddenly get out of hand with a single post or photo.

Top Bottom