• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Setting Expectations?

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hell, I'll do better than that.
I'll give them a copy of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species".
They can read it while they recover.
Maybe they will understand how natural selection weeds out stupid.

There is another Book, written long before that, that makes much better reading, and will do far more to improve their quality of life.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there was anyplace where He admonished His followers to not be stupid.
Perhaps you read counsel about wisdom and judgement differently from me. I do not recall the exact phrase "don't be stupid" being in there, but the concept is expressed repeatedly. At least in the Book I'm referring to. Coss & Sethodine might have a different report on their books.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Webster's Dictionary? Homer's Odyssey? Beowulf?

Ah! Found the required reading material for the person that trips over your Elio's front wheels! Apparently they have the same problem in Germany.

walking for dummies.jpg

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps you read counsel about wisdom and judgement differently from me. I do not recall the exact phrase "don't be stupid" being in there, but the concept is expressed repeatedly. At least in the Book I'm referring to. Coss & Sethodine might have a different report on their books.

Let's face it. We're talking about the type of brain dead clowns that fall into indoor fountains in malls 'cause they're too busy texting while walking. Ya can't fix stupid.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting a little back on topic. One thing I expect to experience when driving my Elio will be in backing up. No, the lack of a rear view mirror doesn't matter. Any real backerupper (correct term) can back up using only the side mirrors and if you've ever backed a big trailer, you have to use the side mirrors anyway. Okay, back on point.

When backing up, even using the side mirrors, you line up the side of the vehicle. Now, I can get my truck into a spot by splitting the difference between the rear tires and the white lines. I suspect that if I try to line up the Elio, I'll be at a slant... sort of like backing a triangle (the tires form a triangle) while keeping one side flush with a white line. There will be a little learning curve as I learn to center that back end.

Another thing on backing... I wonder how many people will back up and catch the front left wheel assembly on an obstruction.

Top Bottom