• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retro Wheels

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that! When you buy "options" on a car you don't get the items replaced by the option.
That would be like ordering the optional radio and getting 2 radios. I don't think so.

Doubt if you like but that information came straight from Elio Motors Facebook page.

"Elio Motors: Hello Randy, the new fenders will come with all Elios, and if you buy the retro fenders when you order your Elio, you'll have both sets!"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a 'packaged' fender option. I would prefer to order the set that meets my needs and not have to waste money and storage space on 2 sets of fenders I'll never change out. Doesn't sound like the Elio business model I know and love.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio explained on Facebook that when you order the "classic style" fenders you get both sets.
Yes, I saw that in an earlier post. But my question is not about ordering the retro fenders at the time of sale (in which case you get both sets). My question is about ordering the retro fenders some short time after you take delivery of an Elio with the classic fenders. If you take your Elio to a marshaling center to have them replace the classic fenders with the retro ones, can you get a core return discount for the classic fenders (assuming you are committed to the retros and no longer want to keep the classics)?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that in an earlier post. But my question is not about ordering the retro fenders at the time of sale (in which case you get both sets). My question is about ordering the retro fenders some short time after you take delivery of an Elio with the classic fenders. If you take your Elio to a marshaling center to have them replace the classic fenders with the retro ones, can you get a core return discount for the classic fenders (assuming you are committed to the retros and no longer want to keep the classics)?
Unknown at this time.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good question.
If I gave an answer it would only be a guess.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My question is about ordering the retro fenders some short time after you take delivery of an Elio with the classic fenders. If you take your Elio to a marshaling center to have them replace the classic fenders with the retro ones, can you get a core return discount for the classic fenders (assuming you are committed to the retros and no longer want to keep the classics)?
Not a snowball's chance in hell.

What would Elio do with a used part? You can't build a new car with them, regardless of the condition. (Well, you could, but then you'd have to have some kind of purchase agreement stating that the "new" vehicle may contain "used" parts, and include details on which parts may potentially be "used" parts.) I suppose they could implement some kind of "factory certified used parts" program. But that only works for expensive parts. The processing costs, even assuming the part is in perfect condition (which it won't be), would make such an inexpensive part uneconomical.

Top Bottom