• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retirement Age

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired from education as a high school administrator at 57 way too much BS, then did 3 years active duty Air Force, believe it or not much less bs. They threw me out on my 60th birthday. After a year of being told by my wife that she wasn't one of my teachers and she wasn't going to be calling me Chief at home went back as a part time substitute as an Auto Tech teacher and taught a few college classes. Should never have gone to the dark side "administration". Actually enjoy working with the Vocational Team Leader who was one of my students many years ago. The kids in school think the Elio is a gas.The teachers think I'm crazy, as does my wife. She is probably right!

Invite them into your world. If they take one step into your crazy world, all of your behavior will make sense. They will be crazy too. All behavior is rational to a crazy person. Have fun, don't be too hard on them.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wholly Crap! Looks like I'm in Big company here. I'm just an average Joe compared to y'all. Went Navy for 6 yrs, Radioman. Then married and working grunt jobs all my life. Not much of a saver but enough to retire on. Love all my family and kids. Always loved being a dad, never thought I would. My life experience has been hard, drugs and partying alot as a kid. Stupid stuff. Wouldn't have been the same person I am if I hadn't gone that way though! Helped several of our foster kids that had problems like I went through, so kinda worth the life lessons. Wish I had saved more but that's the way it goes. Pop told me it'll be gone before ya know it! It was!! Nevertheless going to retire in 12 more years irregardless!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I got hurt in 92 @ 39; had to change careers from mechanic/trimmer/custom car builder/fabricator to Computers & Networks; injuries finally caught up enough to take me out of the game in 2013 at 60; filed SSD and got it, so been disabled retired since 2013.
Now it's stay home and keep busy; traveled a LOT in the past (48 states, 9 countries, 4 provinces in Canada <serious road warrior>)

**When I got my SS paperwork, it has me as working 49 years, 10 months, 2 weeks; Yes, I started at 10 sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans for $1.10 an hour.

I was racing dirt bikes at 12

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired from education as a high school administrator at 57 way too much BS, then did 3 years active duty Air Force, believe it or not much less bs. They threw me out on my 60th birthday. After a year of being told by my wife that she wasn't one of my teachers and she wasn't going to be calling me Chief at home went back as a part time substitute as an Auto Tech teacher and taught a few college classes. Should never have gone to the dark side "administration". Actually enjoy working with the Vocational Team Leader who was one of my students many years ago. The kids in school think the Elio is a gas.The teachers think I'm crazy, as does my wife. She is probably right!
I'm certain a BS is required :) to be a K-12 Administrator........having retired from Vocational Technical Education as a Landscape Design Program Instructor. Although many think if you can't do, teach.........I also did while teaching to set an example for my students.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow,,that is impressive. I watched this you tube about it. Thank you for your service and for your work on the memorial.

Thanks. It was a lot of long hours and hard work but worth every minute of it. All done by volunteers and we are very proud of it. What a tribute to all the Vietnam/Vietnam era veterans.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the first things I did after I retired was ride my motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 10,888 miles round trip! If you want to read about it go to www.jimbronson.com click on TOM's bike and at the top is my Alaska trip and my Florida trip.

I did similar, riding from Utah to Prudhoe Bay on my 650KLR dual sport. Even did one day of 1019 miles in 22 hours to get my Iron Butt certificate (Saddlesore 1000). After running up to Prudhoe, we dropped down to Dawson City, Yukon and then up the Demster to Inuvik. Great trip. That was my third time up there. First 2 times on my XT500 Yamaha. I put over 68,000 miles on the 1979 Yamaha. The KLR only has 34,000 in 3 years so far. I will look at your link too. Love to relive the ride in my head.

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got hurt in 92 @ 39; had to change careers from mechanic/trimmer/custom car builder/fabricator to Computers & Networks; injuries finally caught up enough to take me out of the game in 2013 at 60; filed SSD and got it, so been disabled retired since 2013.
Now it's stay home and keep busy; traveled a LOT in the past (48 states, 9 countries, 4 provinces in Canada <serious road warrior>)

**When I got my SS paperwork, it has me as working 49 years, 10 months, 2 weeks; Yes, I started at 10 sweeping floors and emptying garbage cans for $1.10 an hour.

I was racing dirt bikes at 12
I was making a $1.15 an hour probably about the same time the pay was much higher here in Taxachusetts even then. SS says I only worked for 46 years must have been paid under the table for a couple.

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm certain a BS is required :) to be a K-12 Administrator........having retired from Vocational Technical Education as a Landscape Design Program Instructor. Although many think if you can't do, teach.........I also did while teaching to set an example for my students.
Obviously you had to deal with a few administrators!!!

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the first things I did after I retired was ride my motorcycle to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 10,888 miles round trip! If you want to read about it go to www.jimbronson.com click on TOM's bike and at the top is my Alaska trip and my Florida trip.

I read about the trip to Alaska and then the one on Florida. I am going out tonight to find a copy of the Series on TCB. I need to watch that again. I enjoyed your pictures on your trip log. Have a bunch in some of the same places. Made me smile. Thanks

Top Bottom