• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retail And Marshalling Centers

CloudBuster

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hope we got your question answered Chief.

There will be "A" marshalling center up and going when production begins, but the plan is it will be at the plant in Shreveport. As to when other centers would be up and going, who knows.

I believe the number was around 7 of the centers around the country.
7, the Elio Motors site shows one in every one of the lower 48 states.

ericdp

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but can anyone enlighten me about 1) At what point does an all-in'er finalize the product as to features and 2) does the purchaser have to pickup the car at a marshalling center and 3) if so what about having it shipped - any ideas about cost say from Shreveport to Central Texas?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but can anyone enlighten me about 1) At what point does an all-in'er finalize the product as to features and 2) does the purchaser have to pickup the car at a marshalling center and 3) if so what about having it shipped - any ideas about cost say from Shreveport to Central Texas?
1. - When Elio Motors contacts you
2. - Please restate the question, I don't quite follow what you're asking; and doubtful pickup will be at marshalling center, most likely Retail Center or delivered to your location of choice for an additional fee.
3. Transportation cost have not been established as of now.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There has been much speculation about this, but there isn't really an answer yet. Ideas have been kicked around, but nothing is set in stone except for the price of the base model now if you have gone all-in. You might even get a $300 discount if you agree to purchase that vehicle as all-in before the magic 65,000 total reservations.

but pickup at the factory and home delivery have been kicked around. Both are likely to be hte initial delivery mode until the Marshalling Centers outside of Shreveport and the Retail centers are set up.

But I'm sure those details will be requested when production has been determined, which itself is based on yet undermined funding. But they will formalize such things and tell you how to choose options still available and a final price then.

They just aren't ready for a final purchase agreement yet beyond the "agreement to purchase" and setting a price. Just think of it as an agreement in principal rather than a legally enforceable order.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors has stated that its retail and distribution model is as follows: (1) one manufacturing plant (Shreveport) which sends non-optioned base models to (2) seven marshaling centers that are within nine hours from a (3) retail center. First, you order your Elio with any options you want from a retail center in your market (presumably after driving the test models and viewing the options they have at the retail center). Second, your order goes to the closest marshaling center serving your market, which installs your options by midnight of the day you ordered it. Third, your ordered Elio is loaded on a truck and sent to your retail center sometime the next day (since it's within 9 hours of the retail center).

You get notified it's ready for pickup, and having been spoiled by Amazon, you get near instant gratification within 24 hours of ordering. At that point, you pull out your selfie stick and post pictures of you and your new Elio all over Facebook, Snapchat, Eliohaters.com, and wherever else you feel like. You're feeling smug at that point because, let's face it, you've always known this day would come.

At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Looks as though "COSS" has answered your questions. . . . . But for MOST of us hear in "Elio Land," I think it's safe to speak for almost all of us by saying: "ericdp," we've been waiting so very long for that magic day to arrive, that when it does, we would be simply ecstatic to drive ANYWHERE in the United States just to experience the trip home in our new Elio's!!!! ;)

Semper Fi

Top Bottom