• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here, let's do it this way:

"SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - Elio Motors CEO Paul Elio and Caddo Parish District 12 Commissioner Louis Johnson addressed concerns about the company's future at the former General Motors plant in Shreveport during a news conference on Thursday afternoon.

Word of the news conference came on the same day Elio was expected to be in town meeting with commissioners behind closed doors, raising questions about whether such meetings would be allowed by open meeting laws.

Elio kicked off his portion of the news conference by addressing those questions.

"I want to say that Elio motors continues to be and has been committed to creating jobs in Shreveport in this facility We have never wavered on that and I'm very excited about where Elio Motors sits today.

"Unfortunately, most of the most compelling progress that we are making is not shareable publicly," Elio continued. "So we are now a publicly traded company. The Securities and Exchange Commission has some very strict rules on what you can and can't share as a publicly traded company, so it really handcuffs me from being able to give a full update to the entire community. However, the community certainly has a stake in these jobs being created and so I wanted to take the time to come down and give a full update to the commissioners who were willing to sign an NDA so I could actually share those pieces of information legally."

The news conference also came just days after the company's latest Securities and Exchange Commission filing revealed it may be unable to survive another year without additional loans and stock offerings.

Elio Motors is a startup company advertising 3-wheel vehicles.

In 2013, the company promised to bring 1,500 jobs to Caddo by building its vehicle in the former General Motors plant in west Shreveport.

The Caddo Commission bought the plant for $7.5 million to bring jobs back to the parish.

Since then, Elio Motors has been plagued with funding issues and repeatedly pushed back the production start date for its vehicles, leaving its portion of the Caddo plant empty and government leaders frustrated."

OK? Everyone happy?

Elio Motors quietly confirms another production delay on social media

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Coss :). I read that just like he says it, things are definitely happening but the SEC says I can't talk about it publicly because we are a traded company.

I have no idea personally what can and can't be said because i'm not involved anywhere near that level. The commissioners seem to look at a NDA as some sort of dirty secret. But Paul is using because he feels he legally HAS to.

#notgoinganywhere

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Coss :). I read that just like he says it, things are definitely happening but the SEC says I can't talk about it publicly because we are a traded company.

I have no idea personally what can and can't be said because i'm not involved anywhere near that level. The commissioners seem to look at a NDA as some sort of dirty secret. But Paul is using because he feels he legally HAS to.

#notgoinganywhere
Paul is also just being careful as to what he does and doesn't say; so he's sticking to not saying just to have his CYA covered.
He actually goes a little too CYA but better safe than having to explain anything.
Because someone, some where will take what ever it is that they think they heard him say, and blow it all out of proportion.

K?

(CYA = Cover Your Arse)

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Unfortunately, most of the most compelling progress that we are making is not shareable publicly," Elio continued. "So we are now a publicly traded company. The Securities and Exchange Commission has some very strict rules on what you can and can't share as a publicly traded company, so it really handcuffs me from being able to give a full update to the entire community.

Holy crap. Didn't I speculate this was EXACTLY the reason we were not getting any info a couple months ago? Here it is STRAIGHT from the horses mouth, and I bet some of you nimrods still won't believe it. It's too little, too late for Elio I'm afraid. My only question is do I cash out my stock for near 50% of its original value, or ride it into the ground.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Holy crap. Didn't I speculate this was EXACTLY the reason we were not getting any info a couple months ago? Here it is STRAIGHT from the horses mouth, and I bet some of you nimrods still won't believe it. It's too little, too late for Elio I'm afraid. My only question is do I cash out my stock for near 50% of its original value, or ride it into the ground.
I suggest some Country and Western.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suggest some Country and Western.

Country... not even on my worst day!

www.kirchners.com_emstock.jpg

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
50 percent is better than nothing. It looks very unlikely Elio will sell control. Car is dead with him in charge.

Top Bottom