• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHY? Why can't you reserve one? Doesn't you internet reach that far?
Unfortunately the Elio Team are not allowing Canadians to reserve until (according to Jerome at Elio Motors) Elio is on the Road in the USA and only then would they start to look at expanding into Canada.

Presently anyone from Canada trying to sign up to Reserve the Elio cannot do so because the drop down Menu on the site does not offer Canada as an option for Country, only option we can click on and available to click on is "United States".

During my conversation with Jerome he suggested that I consider using an American address.

Anyone here willing to pm me their address so that I can go All In?

The United States Address must be a valid Address with a United States Zip Code.

Last edited:

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Elio Team are not allowing Canadians to reserve until (according to Jerome at Elio Motors) Elio is on the Road in the USA and only then would they start to look at expanding into Canada.

Presently anyone from Canada trying to sign up to Reserve the Elio cannot do so because the drop down Menu on the site does not offer Canada as an option only Ameria is available.

During my conversation with Jerome he suggested that I consider using an American address.

Anyone here willing to pm me their address so that I can go All In?

Address must be a valid Address with postal code.

What area of the country do you want to see when you travel to pick up your autocycle?

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What area of the country do you want to see when you travel to pick up your autocycle?
Grand Forks, ND would be closest to me. Fargo would be fine as but then would have to see what Manitoba would require to allow me to bring it to Canada.

As was previously mentioned Day Light Running Lights are a must as well as Ignition Immobolizer.

As many of you have reserved and waited 2 or 3 years for the Elio to be produced and Road worrhy, I have no problem waiting a few years for delivery, I just want the opportunity to Reserve my Elio.

Unfortunately Enio Motors wants to concentrate on the USA first so.....I seem to have no other choice but to wait unless I can enter in a USA address.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rationale for l/100km (or gallons/100 miles in Imperial units) is to underscore the real-world advantage of increased fuel efficiency, or lack thereof. Once you get into higher mileages, an improvement of a given amount has a diminishing return. Manufacturers often trumpet small advances in mileage of already-high-mileage vehicles, but don't push the same thing at lower mileage ratings, where it has the greatest effect. (This is because they want to spotlight their environmental friendliness, while burying the fact that most of their vehicles are stupidly inefficient.) People look at the difference in a high mileage vehicle and think "wow, 60mpg is 10 more than 50mpg, that's really good". When they look at a low mileage vehicle, they think "meh, 17mpg is only 3 more than 14mpg, big deal..." In reality, the effect on actual fuel used is the exact opposite of what you would think.

For example, let's say you are comparing those two mentioned above: 50/60 mpg, and 14/17 mpg. This is how it works out:
upload_2016-7-6_13-47-21.png

The high-MPG car increasing economy by 10 MPG saves only 0.33 G/100M, but the low-MPG car increasing by 3 MPG saves nearly 4 times as much.

The benefit is more apparent in metric than in Imperial, due to the liters/gallons conversion.

upload_2016-7-6_13-56-6.png

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still prefer mpg.

Could never figure out why tgey decided to use l/100k or liters oer 100km.

K/L or Kilometers per liter, makes a lot more sense.

Heck why stop there...... why are they using liters for Engine displacement instead of CCs.

Would be nice if all of these measurements could be standardized. So as to avoid any confusion

Good question, since both "technically" refer to liquid measure :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that once it's rolling off the assembly line, there will be a flood of people going "I want mine NOW!" that aren't reservation holders.

The really early list people (like the first 2,000) will be receiving multiple offers at better than list price once they see them on the street.
First $20,000 offer gets mine... :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OOO... I didn't think about this but the Tail of the Dragon is between me and Shreveport... Not really but it COULD be. I think I may take the scenic route home.

Top Bottom