• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
@Maurtis So did you pull the trigger? Maybe sell if you are not ready for it and use the proceeds from the price difference and availability to fund the turbo edition? Buy it and add the turbo if you have or want to gain the skillet? Get pepboys to add it?

I did not since we are still not sure if there will be a turbo retrofit. Since the plan for the Elio will be to use that as my rock solid transportation and my Miata can get the unreliable but fun mods, I can wait an extra year or two and get the factory turbo on delivery. I have had 10+ sec 0-60 cars, while "good enough" I can hold out.

I have a good year's worth of suspension and other mods that I can do to the Miata before really looking at a motor swap or forced induction. So that lines up pretty well with the second model year Elio. And if the Elio still does not have a turbo option by then, I will probably just grab a regular one and be happy with that :D It will still be a really neat ride.

Instead, I should sink that all-in money into more stock. I figure it will cover the price increase, right? :)

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm very glad to see the end of the 65k reservations coming up fast, however seeing multiple people posting about reserving 2, 3, 4...etc more Elios gets me a little worried. Don't get me wrong, if these individuals are fully capable of purchasing 2, 3 or more Elios, more power to you and I can't wait to see the pictures of three Elios lined up in a garage.

However, if you are just putting say $100 down to get it in, I hope everyone realizes that that deposit/commitment could equal $17k or $25k down (assuming average $8500) the road when Elio starts production. If that individual then realizes that they cannot afford that cost at that time, they just loose out on that small $100 deposit, but Elio loses out on an expected sale. Just don't want to see anyone come to that issue late in the game, and see Elio suffer from it.

Go Elio

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm very glad to see the end of the 65k reservations coming up fast, however seeing multiple people posting about reserving 2, 3, 4...etc more Elios gets me a little worried. Don't get me wrong, if these individuals are fully capable of purchasing 2, 3 or more Elios, more power to you and I can't wait to see the pictures of three Elios lined up in a garage.

However, if you are just putting say $100 down to get it in, I hope everyone realizes that that deposit/commitment could equal $17k or $25k down (assuming average $8500) the road when Elio starts production. If that individual then realizes that they cannot afford that cost at that time, they just loose out on that small $100 deposit, but Elio loses out on an expected sale. Just don't want to see anyone come to that issue late in the game, and see Elio suffer from it.

Go Elio
I appreciate the concern. Right now I have committed to two. But it would take three to equal the price I paid for my Prius.

I readily admit that my second is purely speculative. I believe that demand will exceed production for a while and a new Elio will sell on the aftermarket for more than the purchase price just to get one sooner.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now the big question - will a celebratory, significant, substantial announcement be made in the next week to clear up all of the speculation surrounding the 65,000 figure being met and/or surpassed?

Typically a blog post comes out each Friday afternoon and a reservation update is made public across all channels by Monday night. It has become rarer in recent months for that public relations trend to be interrupted for breaking news announcements.

This timing is critical as it likely has their financial, legal, and auditing teams scrambling to update their forward-looking statements and general mood and business outlook in their forthcoming semi-annual SEC report.

March Madness everybody. This is Elio's tipping point!
Sorry Raptor, I get distracted by your avatar. What did you say again?:p

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2456.PNG
I just signed up for a third Elio. So the number is down to at least 46. (Another one from Facebook.)
Don't know if I will get the T-shirt, they say that offer ended on Mar 5th, but they asked for size and sort of indicated I would get the T-shirt.

I locked in for the $7000 price but haven't heard back that it was accepted.??

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just E mailed EM asking for a real time count down.
I would be pissed if I saw 49 spots available, and put down $1,000.00 non refundable, only to find out later that I just missed it, and now I have to pay a few hundred dollars more!

Quick response!

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Mar 7, 08:57 EST

Thanks for your email Johnny.
We will not have a real-time countdown, but we will let everyone know once we have passed the 65,000 mark.

Best,
The Elio Team

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just E mailed EM asking for a real time count down.
I would be pissed if I saw 49 spots available, and put down $1,000.00 non refundable, only to find out later that I just missed it, and now I have to pay a few hundred dollars more!
The problem is, the 49 spots will be gone before they get a chance to update the site with your counter.

Top Bottom