• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The thing is, here's how I figure it;
The engine is very slowly incremental in it's advancement. People who are in the general population need a bit more of a milestone to get seriously interested. You'll always have some people who buy, seeing the value of the vision, but those others are more material about it.

So what will move those others? When the engine is 'done' and perceived as real that's significant. But even more, when put into a new vehicle, an actual pre-production prototype, this will also be significant. Factory activity is high on the list of course.

And too, people are saving up their pennies for the holidays right now.

So when some significant milestone is hit and we're past the holidays, if other issues are still not a detriment, and they do more malls and other 'sit-in' events, reservations rates will pick back up. IMHO

BTW, 36287 on the 9th is posted.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are now seeing $1,000 all in numbers over 11,000.

Simple math tells us that at
$7,000 (rounded for easier math, I was only and accountant not an engineer)
X 11,000
$77,000,000.00

That is a pretty good amount of dollars for pre-production sales. This is only including the $1,000 people.

The reservation system seems to be working pretty well.

Most people still haven't even heard of an Elio.

Elio could have chosen to keep the 50% bonus program running if they thought they needed the money.

Life is good at Elio.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well if you look at it that way, in gross sales dollars, there isn't a reason to ignore the other 25,000 reservations.
6800 x 36287 = $246,751,600 if the price stays there.
But the eventual first year production is likely to go over 60k (my guess) and lets say the price does become 7000,
7000 x 60000 = $420,000,000, for which it will have taken $250,000,000 invested for startup.
Seems like they'll make money the first year.
Yes Elio life is good.

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Updated graph. I think this will be the last weekly graph, I have about a years worth of data now. The next update will change to monthly updates:

ELIO RESERVATIONS 11-14.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is my original post from yesterday at 3:42 PM PST.
Moderator, please feel free to move to appropriate thread.

Reservations as of 11/9/14 are 36,287 minus 36,069 equals 218 divided by 7 days is 31/day

I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get a two spread this time. Enjoy the numbers. I am glad we are up a couple per day compared to the previous week. :) Z

MyElio1678

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vance,Al 35490 (born and raised in California)
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't expect the numbers to be very high this week. People are already holiday shopping and the closed SEMA event will not likely contribute a large number of reservations. Or maybe they will surprise us and reserve. It should be interesting to see the way the wind blows. Although as far as holiday shopping goes, a $100 reservation would make a fantastic and exciting holiday gift. Just thinking and saying that makes me smile! :p :rolleyes: :) Z

That would be a great gift, but you'd have to let the person in on it because you'd actually be giving them a $6700 gift.

Top Bottom