• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Proxy Voting

are you sending in your form of proxy?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it because that's how long it takes? Or does it take that long because Elio is such a low priority?

"Sure, that job only takes two weeks to do, but it's gonna to be almost six months before I'll have the time to do it!"

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Components, hardware, and gadgetry are all essentially plug-and-play. But I'm under the impression that Continental did not and does not have proprietary rights to any of the software or processing logic that would apply to the three-wheeled configuration of the Elio, and raised their hand to commit to the project knowing they would have to engineer the software algorithms and logic sequences essentially from scratch.

The electronic traction control and electronic stability control on the Elio, as I understood them when explained to me at NAIAS 2016 & 2017, are not intended to be as sophisticated as a Subaru AWD setup or an Audi Quattro setup. Rather, it's supposed to rely almost entirely upon differential braking application without variations in power applied to individual wheels.

Given the mundane and rudimentary approach that they initially approached the task at hand with, and the inherent delays encountered to this point, I'm curious whether Continental and Elio have juiced up the systems' sophistication. Perhaps a different type of differential off the transmission to the front axle? Perhaps new-generation wheel speed sensors being utilized? Perhaps inclusion of adaptive cruise control capabilities and/or emergency braking features? Who knows.

Top Bottom