• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Tom Sleight

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have a history of driving Vehicles that don't make sense. I'm Watching this thread with some amusement. I'm not on this site to troll, I'll buy an Elio if they ever come out. I've sat in one. It would make a great little commuter car. But when I feel like acting like a idiot I can set a tire ablaze. I've driven it on the Salt flats at over 120 mph. (they were not done grooming the salt for speedweek so I didn't dare go faster). There are things I don't like about the looks of the Slingshot but you can't help but smile when you drive it. there are things I don't like about the looks of the Elio It kinda looks like a fish and has the name that sounds like a cartoon character. To each his or her own.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a history of driving Vehicles that don't make sense. I'm Watching this thread with some amusement. I'm not on this site to troll, I'll buy an Elio if they ever come out. I've sat in one. It would make a great little commuter car. But when I feel like acting like a idiot I can set a tire ablaze. I've driven it on the Salt flats at over 120 mph. (they were not done grooming the salt for speedweek so I didn't dare go faster). There are things I don't like about the looks of the Slingshot but you can't help but smile when you drive it. there are things I don't like about the looks of the Elio It kinda looks like a fish and has the name that sounds like a cartoon character. To each his or her own.
You shouldn't be accused of trolling on the Slingshot Thread. :). I'll buy an Elio too and only wish I could afford the Slingshot as a bridge vehicle until an enclosed three wheeler launches........any enclosed three wheeler........Elio, SRK, or the Solo........preferably the Helix.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio isn't for everyone and the Slingshot isn't for most. Viva la difference. (OK, I know that wasn't the subject matter of the original quote, but it works.)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio isn't for everyone and the Slingshot isn't for most. Viva la difference. (OK, I know that wasn't the subject matter of the original quote, but it works.)
I disagree with your Elio statement. The Elio is for everyone....every family.......as an and commuter. The somewhat radically styled, open air Slingshot isn't for most, but apparently enough to justify mass production numbers as a three wheeler motorcycle.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with your Elio statement. The Elio is for everyone....every family.......as an and commuter. The somewhat radically styled, open air Slingshot isn't for most, but apparently enough to justify mass production numbers as a three wheeler motorcycle.

Telluride,CO....July,2016

C50446BB-EC23-4AC7-8F1A-662F3D999FF0.JPG

Top Bottom