• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polaris Slingshot

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of a Cortina 1600 motor; looks almost the same.
And if it's a Hot Rod already, why would you want to Turbo it?
Wait, I know that answer, because you can :D

Reactions: HHH

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am definitely getting older. Years ago, I rode bikes and drove muscle cars. For me, the Slingshot would be a thrill to look at – but I'd prefer to own an Elio. While the Elio won't scorch the roads, I think it'll be fun, safe and practical. Still got my fingers crossed for one ;)

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I collected the pieces to build a single rear wheel trike many years ago. A Honda CBX 1000 drive train. The more I read, the more I realized what a dangerous and dumb machine it is. The final straw was a ride in a T-Rex through a village in Quebec where people were watering their lawns and sprinkling the road. The oil track from other vehicles is in the center of the lane. Later in a little rain shower, we experienced the same problem. The only comparison is being on ice. No stability and even difficult to get going up hill from a stop. 2 wheel front drive with traction control is an entirely different vehicle. Our Miata is filling the void very well at the moment.

Tom Sleight

Elio Fan
Reaction score
top 14.JPG

I own a Slingshot. got it about a year ago. Yes they have issues. But it's fun as hell. Comparing the Elio and the slingshot is foolish they aren't the same other than the wheel count. I'm looking at buying an Elio for commuting. I sat in one at SEMA a few weeks ago I'm a large guy and I fit quite nicely in it, entrance and egress are nice.

Danny Williams

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
we are on our way from North Carolina to South Dakota and are currently in a campground near St Louis .... while out for a walk this morning I got my first look at a Polaris Slingshot ..... this is the first time I've ever had an opportunity to see one up close .... its an interesting rig that I'd love to drive but have absolutely no interest in owning

View attachment 5786 View attachment 5787 View attachment 5788
Cool looking but I'd rather ride my Gold Wing across country comfort wise.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if that top is enough for it to take advantage of autocycle legislation requiring a closed cab, thus not requiring a motorcycle endorsement in many states, including Ohio.

Top Bottom