• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pick Your Model!!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's how I see what Elio Motor will introduce or announce close to the actual production run. They will come up with 3 models: Model E (for Elio), Model EL (for leather trim) and Model EL Sport. Here's their package:

MODEL E - P5 style and 6 color choices
Features:
A/C
3 air bags
Power windows, lock and steering
Am/Fm Stereo
Heater, Defrost
Tempered glass
Cloth seats
Power plant: All aluminum 0.9L 3 cy engine
Single overhead cam, 2 valve /cy
Variable valve lift technology
Sequential port fuel injection
5 speed manual or 6 speed automatic
60 hp, 55 ft/lb torque
84 mpg
0-60 in 9.6 sec.
Est. price: $6,800. plus applicable tax

MODEL EL - P5 style and 6 color choices
Features:
Same as Model E (except the seats and stereo) plus:
Cruise control
Satellite Am/Fm radio w/ cd player
Navigation system w/ bluetooth technology
Premium leather seats and steering wheel
USB ports for charging
Power Plant: Same as Model E
Est. price: $ ??. plus applicable tax

MODEL EL SPORT - P5 style and 8 color choices
Features:
All features found on E and EL models plus:
Custom wheels and fenders
Sunroof
Carbon fiber trim on instrumentation panels
Stripe racing paint schemes on the hood and sides
Fog lights
Power plant: Available double overhead cam, 4 valve/cy
All aluminum 0.9 3 cy. engine
Turbo charged and intercooled
100 hp, 98 ft/lb torque
0-60 in 5 sec.
Est. price: $ ??. plus applicable tax

Last edited:

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dream on,Jetpack, dream on-----not that I do not like the selection, it's just seems so far away from hands on ownership I cannot imagine what it would be like to walk into the showroom and see these three choices!! RB

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Current Version include...
NT Not Today
NTE Not Tomorrow Either
NT-SS No Time Soon Sport...(comes with a fake smile and a wink)

Reactions: Hog

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dream on,Jetpack, dream on-----not that I do not like the selection, it's just seems so far away from hands on ownership I cannot imagine what it would be like to walk into the showroom and see these three choices!! RB
NRB- I hear you man. But to dream is still "free" right? Honestly, the base model will serve me just fine except if my guess is right about Elio Motors offering a turbo charged version of the IAV then who knows...

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NRB- I hear you man. But to dream is still "free" right? Honestly, the base model will serve me just fine except if my guess is right about Elio Motors offering a turbo charged version of the IAV then who knows...

Possibly, but likely not in a factory 4v/cyl DOHC configuration. The IAV engine is listed as being high compression. What's the actual CR? Got me, but the CR may exclude adding forced induction to this powerplant.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Possibly, but likely not in a factory 4v/cyl DOHC configuration. The IAV engine is listed as being high compression. What's the actual CR? Got me, but the CR may exclude adding forced induction to this powerplant.
It's a long shot I know..after all it's no secret that their number one priority going into this venture is to offer high mileage vehicle. And I'm ok with that. It's just a matter of time before outside vendors smells the opportunity to take a bite of the action and come up with turbo charger kit for the IAV engine.

LikesOddCars

Reaction score
Thinking about forced induction . . . a basic turbo kit for a Honda Civic can cost over $5,000. Don't think it would make sense in the context of a $6800 vehicle. I'm sure the aftermarket will make it happen eventually though. Just like I'm sure someone will drop a hayabusa engine in one (or some other equally crazy engine swap).

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about forced induction . . . a basic turbo kit for a Honda Civic can cost over $5,000. Don't think it would make sense in the context of a $6800 vehicle. I'm sure the aftermarket will make it happen eventually though. Just like I'm sure someone will drop a hayabusa engine in one (or some other equally crazy engine swap).
LOL ! They drop a Hayabusa engine in it it is it is liable to snap the transaxle!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're kidding? Forget about the turbo then. The easier route will be for Elio Motors to offer 2 engines: the base 0.9L and a bigger displacement 1.3L or even 1.5L. Still the same 3 cy. but bored bigger. It should still make good mileage because of the cars' light weight but the benefit is the engine won't work as hard because of the added horses. I should be posting this under "P5 Wish List" because it may just end up like what it meant, just a wish!

Top Bottom