• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Phoenix Based Elio Club

Moe Faster

Reaction score
my 1st mod on my Elio will be a 3rd brake light on the roof or trunk lid, 2nd will be a 130 Db horn, K&N air filter & improve the inlet air flow, new or modified exhaust tuned for power & volume, the factory installed chin spoiler & rear wing look like plastic snap on parts & offer little benifit but they look cool, ehh, I'll probably run the tires down to replacement then get wider tires (maybe 195/65/15R on the back & thinking about 175/65/15R on the front, but we'll see)
I don't want this car so much for the economy as for the fun factor.
some will look at this vehicle & say, "what a fine piece of American engineering & manufacturing." which is true.
Me & few others will look at it & say, "Hehehehe"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
my 1st mod on my Elio will be a 3rd brake light on the roof or trunk lid, 2nd will be a 130 Db horn, K&N air filter & improve the inlet air flow, new or modified exhaust tuned for power & volume, the factory installed chin spoiler & rear wing look like plastic snap on parts & offer little benifit but they look cool, ehh, I'll probably run the tires down to replacement then get wider tires (maybe 195/65/15R on the back & thinking about 175/65/15R on the front, but we'll see)
some will look at this vehicle & say, "what a fine piece of American engineering & manufacturing." which is true.
I'm going to have to bust your balloon a little; all of these topics have been covered in other threads. As a matter of fact there is a discussion going on about the tires currently. One thing to take into consideration is that the Elio is a band new design motor; so you're not going to find a lot of aftermarket parts for it, if at all. Back tire is on a swingarm; consider that for the offset on a replacement wheel; all 3 wheels are 4 bolt pattern. 3rd brake light easy, use one from a Chevy Astro Van; tuned exhaust? Good luck with that and I hope you have a large box of money to pay the designers to develop a new exhaust for a motor that didn't exist.
K&N may or may not have anything other than a "universal" fit you can use.
Anyhow, the search engine here will help a lot and you can search on all of these topics to find what has and hasn't been covered yet.
If you want a fun topic, look up, yellow, which side for the gas cap and Elgin Dash; try not to get overwhelmed, :becky:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joe, welcome from New Mexico. HJopefully we can meet at an Elio rally some time during the next year. Enjoy the journey, forum, and the never ending wait with us.

John Quinn

Reaction score
IS THERE ANYONE ALIVE IN HERE? .... I am currently living in Mesa Arizona 85212 as of 09/08/18
Yeah, (un)patiently waiting to hear they are starting production. I have a friend that lives in Shreveport and it looks like there is activity at the plant, so who knows. Not getting any younger, 73. Want to be able to drive it before it's too late. My number 4215.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, (un)patiently waiting to hear they are starting production. I have a friend that lives in Shreveport and it looks like there is activity at the plant, so who knows. Not getting any younger, 73. Want to be able to drive it before it's too late. My number 4215.
I been thinking to make a coffin that resembles the Elio so those who may kick the bucket before they receive their Elio can drive the HELL out of it. Their relatives can push their body around town and show off their new shiny ElioCoffin. What do you think? It will come in seven colors..:bump:

Top Bottom