• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
The only good the 4WD does is to get you out of the ditch once you are in it......

Yup! Back when I lived in Denver,Co., I remember hearing that "statistically," more accidents (in the snow) where caused by 4x4's and sports cars. They said, (some) drivers of those types of vehicles get a "false sense of ability." They think they are "unstoppable" :cool:......and sometimes they're right. :eek:
Except by trees, ditches, telephone poles,.......

Last edited:

ElioJoe

Elio Enthusiast
Also relevant to this discussion is that the rear wheel and tire appear to be a smaller size then the fronts. Check out the "Elio inside out" thread for images. Smaller wheel could be even more susceptible to pot hole damage.
From what I've read, the back tire is a standard size 15 just like the front ones. It's just a bit wider.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Yup! Back when I lived in Denver,Co., I remember hearing that "statistically," more accidents where caused by 4x4's and sports cars. They said, (some) drivers of those types of vehicles get a "false sense of ability." They think they are "unstoppable" :cool:......and sometimes they're right. :eek:
Except by trees, ditches, telephone poles,.......
On snowy days it's not the sports cars that give me the willies, it's the 4wd drivers going at speed limit or (usually) higher. NOPE, nobody's gonna stop me!! ZOOOOOM! A guy I worked with commented on such a driver, "He was born stupid, he lived stupid and he's gonna die stupid!"

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
I wonder how many people will forget about the outrigger front wheels and accidentally clip off part of their suspension on a protective barrier at the gas station :confused:. Hope they are easy to see from the drivers seat and not too out-of-sight, out-of-mind. :eek:
Another reason he should put the gas tank cap back on the left side. I really hope this gets changed on production model.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another reason he should put the gas tank cap back on the left side. I really hope this gets changed on production model.

while I'd prefer it on the left, the bottom line is its going to go where they want it to go .... from what has been indicated, they want (need ?) it on the the right, so that is where its gonna be .... as noted, not my preference but I figure I can get used to it .... after all, I don't expect to have to take on fuel very often ..:)