• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am pleased that air conditioning is standard. I have allergies which do not allow me to drive around with a window open. I will be going with an automatic transmission for convenience and to maximize the motor drive train mpg. I would like to see them use radiator hoses with silicone in the hose for maximum life in the world of cold to hot coolant and no internal break down from chemicals.My last two vehicles I have had over 236,000 miles (12yrs) on it and never replaced radiator hoses. On my replacement for 11 years and now 183,000 miles no radiator hose replacements. That would well be worth Elio setting as standard an exceptional radiator/heater hose eh! I love the functional direction Paul Elio is headed with his auto-cycle!! I notice on Porsche (example) they include an adhesive pad on the fenders where wind and aerodynamics is so intense that it would take the paint off/wear it down (hence the protective pad). I am curious with this aerodynamic design on the Elio, if in wind tunnel testing they detect area of the body/fenders which over time will be subjected to this paint/body finish from air dynamics wear. Then what is the options to prevent this? Who would steal my Elio when they are affordable, yet maybe an option will be an alarm deter-ant of some type. I currently live in a humid part of the state and in summers when I come out from work, my car is 120 degrees inside. I used an infrared temp gun to check it. This elio has to be adaptable for all the states and all their various temperatures/weathers eh. My current car of 11 years has not one crack in the dash. Also then the exhaust would be beneficial to have some stainless steel in it for longevity eh. Those parking outside 24/7 for 365 days a year would love an exhaust pipe that was designed for the long haul. What about tinted windows, usually standard is the top one third of a front windshield to have tint. or possibly an option to have the side window with different levels of tint. I am so grateful for the Elio, the peoples car, designed with a purpose.
Terrence

Aviator

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on this post about the communities take on options wanted. Some serious or just for the LOL's. I think it would be fun to hear some ideas whether serious or not.

Cruse control, ABS, A/C, back up cams? Remember they all add weight and cost MPG's.

Maybe you want shag carpet, fuzzy dice, or an air horns. Who cares post your answer for fun and the LOL's

AND GO!

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing options thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on this post about the communities take on options wanted. Some serious or just for the LOL's. I think it would be fun to hear some ideas whether serious or not.

Cruse control, ABS, A/C, back up cams? Remember they all add weight and cost MPG's.

Maybe you want shag carpet, fuzzy dice, or an air horns. Who cares post your answer for fun and the LOL's

AND GO!

Cruse will be an option. EM rep in Columbus said it will run around $70.00

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score

AND GO!

Fuzzy Dice! Another reason we cannot live without the inside rear view mirror.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of engine cooling, one of my first mods will be to replace the engine coolant with a product like Evans Waterless Coolant. It provides superior engine cooling by raising the boiling point to a level (275°) that doesn't boil (or pressurize) the cooling system in normal service. By making the coolant more efficient, you ensure you don't have engine heating problems in traffic. As a bonus, it prevents corrosion (no water) and still lubricates the water pump. Prices begin around $40/gallon, but because it never requires replacement, it's good for the life of my Elio.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of engine cooling, one of my first mods will be to replace the engine coolant with a product like Evans Waterless Coolant. It provides superior engine cooling by raising the boiling point to a level (275°) that doesn't boil (or pressurize) the cooling system in normal service. By making the coolant more efficient, you ensure you don't have engine heating problems in traffic. As a bonus, it prevents corrosion (no water) and still lubricates the water pump. Prices begin around $40/gallon, but because it never requires replacement, it's good for the life of my Elio.

Thanks for that post. Did not know this existed. Am going to read more about it and feel that it is highly likely that I will use this.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Evans coolant is not better, but I don't see the advantage. The typical factory provided coolant doesn't boil during normal service either, it is a closed system designed to handle the higher water pressure just fine at the higher temps. It already includes corrosion inhibitors. etc... Typical replacement premixed auto anti-freeze from any auto store has an atmospheric boiling temp of 265 F.

Is there a specific reason this coolant is better than typical auto coolant?

If the argument is don't use tap water, that goes for without saying.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is GREAT stuff :)

I currently run it in my smart and NEVER worry about temps or hose failure ...... 0 pressure baby :D

Top Bottom