• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can count me in on upgrading to the Dakota Digital dash if offered. All the information in a good layout. I'll install myself if not offered so anyone needing an Elgin dash I'll have one CHEAP.

will the Dakota dash you guys show and tell going to be an easy swap?- will it just fill the space of the stock cluster ?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
will the Dakota dash you guys show and tell going to be an easy swap?- will it just fill the space of the stock cluster ?

That's a very good question! I was trying to determine the size of the Elgin by looking at Paul holding it, but if the exact dimensions were known, it'd make it a much simpler to find a replacement. I do like the Dakota's, and I'm hoping this one is close to the right size. It's 11.4" x 4.4". Next showing, somebody "please" bring a tape measure!:)

dakotadigital.jpg

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That's a very good question! I was trying to determine the size of the Elgin by looking at Paul holding it, but if the exact dimensions were known, it'd make it a much simpler to find a replacement. I do like the Dakota's, and I'm hoping this one is close to the right size. It's 11.4" x 4.4". Next showing, somebody "please" bring a tape measure!:)

View attachment 3732
Just smaller than stock I'm sure a filler can be fabricated by most. I'll make a carbon fiber filler that should set off the Dakota dash.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A replacement might not be that simple if they really do not output OBD II data like they are saying.

The factory gauges get their inputs from the wiring harness. I'd bet Dakota could make a plug and play dashboard pretty easily.

The fact that this info isn't available at the OBDII port doesn't mean the information doesn't exist.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
or build your own with integrated Speed Limits. link
I see it't your first post. Welcome from THE Evergreen State.There are many folks with lots of insights into the history of the Elio, and many who's knowledge and incomes are derived from the auto industry.
We have a tendancy to wander off thread, so be patient in your search

Top Bottom