• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ohio Rabbit Back Stew

Reaction score
I got a bigass pot of rabbit backs on the stove. And fifteen meal size baggies in the freezer. You local folk want to come over for dinner THIS WEEK? I'm cooking broth now. I'l boil it down over night. In the morning some will go into freezer. I'll make gumbo for tomorrow evening's meal. Then it will magically turn into stew for Thursday. Friday if anything is left will be soup with Farm Fresh Brown Egg Noodles. I am dead on serious. Contact me by 'conversation' or here and I will get back with you.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a bigass pot of rabbit backs on the stove. And fifteen meal size baggies in the freezer. You local folk want to come over for dinner THIS WEEK? I'm cooking broth now. I'l boil it down over night. In the morning some will go into freezer. I'll make gumbo for tomorrow evening's meal. Then it will magically turn into stew for Thursday. Friday if anything is left will be soup with Farm Fresh Brown Egg Noodles. I am dead on serious. Contact me by 'conversation' or here and I will get back with you.
Do you deliver?

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
rabbit.png
Too bad you don't deliver! However I am sure it is very tasty..
chef-smiley.png

Reaction score
Aw Wheaters, We raised five rabbits, they are all in the freezer in little meal size baggies, just for the two of us. The backs don't 'fry', so they get made into soup and broth and most of that also goes into the freezer. The first pot of soup will be produced today for dinner. RKing, I only have a tiny semi-auto hand gun and can't get a good aim for hunting. It's good enough for around the farm. For a moving rabbit I need a BB rifle and mine sprang a spring. I need to take it to a friend's place for repairs. I asked the husband "Why did we raise these when wild ones are running around in the back yard and get into your garden come spring?" He finally agreed, it wasn't worth feeding any of them. I am plenty good trapper for a old city girl.

Top Bottom