• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Observations From A Long Time Lurker

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course they are realistic. I do believe that the Elio will be produced, but it's certainly not clear when and what will be required to get there. Money has always been first and foremost. These 25 now 23 engineering models were not always in the punlicensed plan. The 100 fleet vehicles were never discussed early on. Clearly the plan is in flux and I suspect that it all has to do with input from different groups that give reasons for not giving Elio money.

I've worked on my share of projects. Those that go on and on typically have lots of scope creep. They also are lacking in good PM. Hopefully Elio is doing better than the project. I don't think you should be talking about doing something with the certainty Elio speaks of if you don't have the funding. The 25 now 23 or is it just 5 Engineering models should be a lot further along. Will the 100 fleet vehicles be complete before next fall?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I consider your views to be realistic with regards to Elio Motor's saga...

2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016...and soon 2017...
When counting, I always have my girls start with 1. 1, 2, 3, 4... etc. You get the hang of it pretty soon. :rolleyes:

I've never started a car company so I can't imagine how hard it is to estimate a production date and then not make the date. At least Tesla hasn't done that! What? They have? Never mind. Paul has always been honest "Plan to start production" vs. "We will start production..."

Top Bottom