• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Not Good News.

I want a Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Read an article about Paul Elio and the Michigan facility.
It seems the big roll out of 100 cars for business was a total fiasco.
From the article it seems Paul was totally clueless on how to do the manufacturing
of the 100 cars and the result was abysmal. Only 2 cars completed and a 3rd partial
one.
He may be person dedicated to bring the Elio to life, but doesn't know how to do it.
Great idea for a car but no ideas on how to do it.

political commentary deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was in this forum around four months ago I believe. An employee described working at the assembly and they had to drill three hundred holes in the frame to get things to fit, waiting around for parts, and only seeing Paul Elio a couple of times. hopfully someone has a better memory than me.

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First ones of ANYTHING get modified a lot and it takes time to get the people making your parts up to speed. Look at Boeing and the 787. First ones were modified to where they deemed them 'not safe to fly'. But they are selling and flying them now. I have flown on one and can say it is the smoothest and quietest aircraft I have been on.
Paul does not have the resources that Boeing does. Or their 'clout' but it still may get done.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Read an article about Paul Elio and the Michigan facility.
It seems the big roll out of 100 cars for business was a total fiasco.
From the article it seems Paul was totally clueless on how to do the manufacturing
of the 100 cars and the result was abysmal. Only 2 cars completed and a 3rd partial
one.
He may be person dedicated to bring the Elio to life, but doesn't know how to do it.
Great idea for a car but no ideas on how to do it.

political commentary deleted
You read an article but didn't post it? Either you are making stuff up or read something that was false.

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you ask me, this entire Elio adventure has been somewhat of a fiasco for us as stock holders and reservationists, the only person with the golden parachute is Paul, and believe me he will make a soft landing on which ever Caribbean islands he lands on.

Top Bottom