• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Fun At All!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I'm a die-hard Bronco fan, but anybody that beats the Seagulls is okay with me....Just happened to be the 'local boys' this time.:D;)
You 'may' have a little revenge tonight with the Bengals. Pretty sure Peyton's still out of the line up.
wishing ya the best, when I went through a flood (hurricane) I wasn't smart enough to get my cars to higher ground!!
and insurance companies won't cover you unless you have a specific flood insurance.
BTW Keep your eyes on Peyton, there's a s__t storm brewing with enhancement drugs! They had it sent through his wife- more to follow I'm sure.
Great week for fans that hate the Pats., sorry Seahawks lost, wasn't a must. they are still in the cut. Why do they allow their best to play, risking injury, I think it's more important to get into the finals as health as possible no matter the rankings, that's me, I happen to think the football the rest of the planet plays, which we call to soccer ! go Manchester City!!

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Be safe folks...

I raced "Goliath" out of Peoria IL back to home in PA yesterday. I left at 5 am...by 6 ice storm and loss of power in Peoria.
Rain followed me and nasty winds across Ohio, Indiana, WV and into PA. Be safe out there

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was on Minot, ND during their flood and helped evacuate families... Damndest thing flooding on a bright sunny day. Be safe. Things can be replaced. You don't want to be like Mini Driver in the movie "Hard Rain"!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wishing ya the best, when I went through a flood (hurricane) I wasn't smart enough to get my cars to higher ground!!
and insurance companies won't cover you unless you have a specific flood insurance.
BTW Keep your eyes on Peyton, there's a s__t storm brewing with enhancement drugs! They had it sent through his wife- more to follow I'm sure.
Great week for fans that hate the Pats., sorry Seahawks lost, wasn't a must. they are still in the cut. Why do they allow their best to play, risking injury, I think it's more important to get into the finals as health as possible no matter the rankings, that's me, I happen to think the football the rest of the planet plays, which we call to soccer ! go Manchester City!!

Yeah, the Peyton thing was determined to be complete BS and he's suing the rag that started the lie. [Al Jazeera?]

My house is "technically" outside of the flood plain because of the tracks, but with the tracks at 31' above flood stage and the crest of the river to be at 32.7' we may get our first taste [not literally :confused:] of Meramec River water on this side of the tracks since I've lived here.

Little pic of the weather map to illustrate:

Pacific.JPG

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I learned something that I need to implement when we finally get some dryer weather (July?). The water seepage into the basement is apparently a direct result of the non-stop gully washer we had, not the actual water table rising as I first thought (this is GREAT news) as it has subsided substantially. All my downspout presently empty into pipes that go to who knows where. This spring I'm renting a small excavator and moving the outlets FAR from my foundation.

Still need to see what the river's going to do and hope that the sewer doesn't decide to reverse course, but at least I don't need to contemplate tearing out my basement floor to repair an 'allegedly' defective drain system.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They keep raising the Meramec River crest height....35.7' now! :eek:

I'm about 200' north of the tracks (@31'), but I'm not sure how much higher my house sits. Time to make a Harbor Freight run for a good size generator and clear water pump....and hip waders.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was on Minot, ND during their flood and helped evacuate families... Damndest thing flooding on a bright sunny day. Be safe. Things can be replaced. You don't want to be like Mini Driver in the movie "Hard Rain"!

I was on hand during a flood near Beale in California. The snow melt came down plus rain from the Sierras and washed out a levee outside the base.

Lots of property damage including crops and livestock. Roads closed for days

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They keep raising the Meramec River crest height....35.7' now! :eek:

I'm about 200' north of the tracks (@31'), but I'm not sure how much higher my house sits. Time to make a Harbor Freight run for a good size generator and clear water pump....and hip waders.
Just remember that if the ship is underwater, it doesn't matter if you pump the water inside or outside of the ship. It all goes to the same place. Maybe make a run to the boat shop. Or head for the mountains... or hills... or knolls... What do you have in MO? :D

Top Bottom