• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Cruise On Eplus

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And some of us wondered if they were robbing Peter to pay Paul .... like maybe that's where the default no-carpet came from?
Bottom line, if I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely choose cruise over carpeting as standard equipment. Heck, I'll put AstroTurf in mine if I need to.

Lawrence G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Lots of time has passed, options need to come down in price, every supplier has to keep their price low, for one reason, production numbers. Elio wants to replace half the cars on the road, lots of numbers being produced. Everything is there, low price for profit will increase the sales volume. $2000 for Skyzmatic, way over priced. It will mess up the business model. That's why Paul Elio needs full control of the company.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Get a yard of this (they are running yard for 36x80) which would be plenty

80" Wide Superflex Ozite Automotive Carpet

Since there's no hump to deal with, it's an easy install.
Couple of yards of some Jute padding, spray can glue and a few hours time, you can have a custom carpet.

The problem is that it isn't formed to fit the Elio. I'll never go THAT route again! Not having carpet will make the Elio really loud inside, I'd bet.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is that it isn't formed to fit the Elio. I'll never go THAT route again! Not having carpet will make the Elio really loud inside, I'd bet.

Razor blade and 10 minutes and it'll fit perfectly.
I'm sure people will be publishing patters soon after release.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It isn't the size, it's fitting it down into floorpans without getting wrinkles all over... and keeping it in place.

That's the pattern. It can be cut to bend and have all creases meet after bending into position.
Keeping it in place can be achieved my semi-sticky adhesive, rubber, velcro, permanent adhesive (not recommended) hooks, etc.

It's a floor mat, not rocket surgery :D

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So happy to hear the cruise control is standard. I just hope it's a GOOD cruise control set up. I've driven with some that were wonderful, and other's that were ergonomically a disaster.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom