• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nimbus

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3wheelin, I‘m aware that Nimbus is based in Michigan, but was curious if you were aware of the manufacturing partners name and location.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey 3wheelin, I‘m aware that Nimbus is based in Michigan, but was curious if you were aware of the manufacturing partners name and location.
No idea. I thought I heard him say that in one of his videos. But it make perfect sense, why spend millions to set up your own manufacturing facilities if you can contract an existing car company and share the profit- it's a faster way of bringing the final product to the costumers. Further, I also like CEO's idea of rental, it's a win-win, try it out for a month or so then either return it or buy it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Existing car company means, they are looking at China to make it. Shopping around to find a contractor. Thus, it makes sense they are looking for $30M because they need to put money down to get the ball rolling.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Existing car company means, they are looking at China to make it. Shopping around to find a contractor. Thus, it makes sense they are looking for $30M because they need to put money down to get the ball rolling.
$30M doesn't seem much for an existing car/motorcycle company (whoever that is) to get them started. It only takes a multi-millionaire (not billionaire) with entrepreneurial spirit to provide that seed money.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Arcimoto saying they're now selling 2023 FUV models with enhanced steering wheel system including cup and cell phone holders, etc.....but no full enclosures.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from Arcimoto saying they're now selling 2023 FUV models with enhanced steering wheel system including cup and cell phone holders, etc.....but no full enclosures.
I don’t foresee a full enclosure option in Arcimoto’s future, but happy to see they were successfully funded til the next round of required funding.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
China or Michigan.....I have no preference, just 'er done.;)
Even when you think it’s done, it’s not. :) If Nimbus has a manufacturing partner involved it may happen, otherwise doubtful based on my Arcimoto experience. Same as with many Elio fans, I‘m left to settle for the complimentary booby prize Arcimoto T-shirt and bonus logo shaped key ring/bottle opener. Based on Nimbus’s recent marketing there should be test drives available and I‘m unable to find a test drive location. Also,FUV owners are having issues with service and parts needed. Some have to trailer vehicles back to the factory, others indicate long waits for the limited number of factory trained mobile service techs, and in some instances being ignored. I can’t purchase a vehicle without having reliable service/parts available within a reasonable driving distance. . .

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even when you think it’s done, it’s not. :) If Nimbus has a manufacturing partner involved it may happen, otherwise doubtful based on my Arcimoto experience. Same as with many Elio fans, I‘m left to settle for the complimentary booby prize Arcimoto T-shirt and bonus logo shaped key ring/bottle opener. Based on Nimbus’s recent marketing there should be test drives available and I‘m unable to find a test drive location. Also,FUV owners are having issues with service and parts needed. Some have to trailer vehicles back to the factory, others indicate long waits for the limited number of factory trained mobile service techs, and in some instances being ignored. I can’t purchase a vehicle without having reliable service/parts available within a reasonable driving distance. . .
My sentiment exactly. I'm giving them until Dec. 2022 to start selling/renting their Nimbus One. If not, then the seed money wasn't forthcoming.

Top Bottom