• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Leader At Doe

Gregw

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have felt all along that the ATVM loan was intended for EV's and the Elio being gas was holding it back. I think it's pretty clear that this administration does not have those leanings, so I think it can only help. Unless there is a move to cut costs across the board, which I guess is just as likely. So there you have it a 50/50 chance.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing political leaning right or left...but consider Rick Perry's previous position as the Texas Governor.

I'm not going to comment on his political comments or views of the past, however, Elio did recently post a blog article highlighting that the 2nd largest group of reservations is located in...none other than, Texas. This post by Elio may be strategical to remind Rick Perry that his state is a large supporter of the development of Elio Motors, and could help push the ATVM loan hopefully along with all their other efforts to secure it.
Good point and well said.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to make sure everyone sees it; this is for those that don't back read threads.

This thread has been reopened. under conditions.
It is to talk about the ATVM LOAN ONLY!!
The first sign that it is drifting close to politics, it's gone and will not return.

This is as fair as we can make it, and still stay within forum rules.

I hope everyone understands, and if you see someone missing the point, please remind them of this notice.

Thank you

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to make sure everyone sees it; this is for those that don't back read threads.

This thread has been reopened. under conditions.
It is to talk about the ATVM LOAN ONLY!!
The first sign that it is drifting close to politics, it's gone and will not return.

This is as fair as we can make it, and still stay within forum rules.

I hope everyone understands, and if you see someone missing the point, please remind them of this notice.

Thank you
Don't let one rouge actor pull down a whole thread..

My take, I am sure the new administration will want to focus on jobs, (esp. manufacturing jobs) it would be a good PR move if nothing else. Elio might even have an advantage in NOT being electric (whole other conversation). First things first, someone really needs to make them aware of Elio Motors and the potential there. Some tugging on elbows and whispering in some ears wouldn't hurt the cause. If anyone out there knows someone or is the cousin of someone or knows the milkman of a guy who walks the dog of the VP's sister,,, please let them know..

Reactions: Sam

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found an article relevant to this discussion. Seems to have similar conclusions to what has been talked about so far here:

Perry Energy Department Loans Could Favor Fossil Fuels [Bloomberg BNA]
Why does everyone including the so-called journalists keep saying things like, "recipients of loans totaling $8 billion from the Energy Department"? The loans are NOT from the DOE. The loans are from private institutions. The only thing the DOE does is guarantee (by insuring those loans with markers of literally pennies on the dollar) that the loans will be repaid. Again, not repaid to the government, repaid to the private institutions who are the ones loaning the money. Sheesh. Drives me nuts.

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's time for us to write or call our congress people. It can be an effective way of influencing policy.
Also, I think the Louisiana reps should be beating down the door to get this loan approved.
Lastly, it also helps if you make a hundred dollar political contribution a few days before you make your pitch.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it's time for us to write or call our congress people. It can be an effective way of influencing policy.
Also, I think the Louisiana reps should be beating down the door to get this loan approved.
Lastly, it also helps if you make a hundred dollar political contribution a few days before you make your pitch.
NO!

(This does come up about every 3 months or so)

Elio Motors has told us that a letter writing campaign would do more to hurt them then help them.
If you want to write to your congress people, go right ahead, but leave Elio Owners out of it.

Until the time they actually ask us to help them, we are not to write to anyone at the DOE, or congress as a group.

Top Bottom