• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Elio email

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting. Paul always said gas is where its at. Strange of the change. Also, the "locked in" reservation holders... I wonder how this price change will work for them...
I didn't pay the extra to get locked in myself.
Does the Elio have enough surface area to install all them batteries...
Will pep boys still be able to service the electric Elio....

TBH, I'd sooner if he kept it gas. But, Paul is a envisionist.

Last edited:

maj

Elio Fan
Reaction score
When I put my money down, in 2013, I was working and hoped to have such an efficient commuter vehicle. Now, in 2021 I'm retired and don't need it. Wonder if they will honor the "All In" deposit and Spot in LIne #(1096). Maybe there will be the option to sell your spot? Depending on IF it will be built...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cool! My enthusiasm about this Electric Elio will depend on the final range etc, but I do love EVs!

Also keep in mind that this would qualify for the 10% federal tax credit for 2 and 3 wheel EVs, so that's $1400 off the sticker price...unless...

UNLESS, they can successfully get it to qualify as a car, in which case it would get the $7500 tax credit, making the electric Elio just $6500 (assuming you qualify for the whole credit)

I would absolutely buy an electric Elio for that price!

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To me this is a huge kick in the crotch.

All of that money, our money, went into developing a bespoke Elio gasoline engine. All because Paul said it was the only way to get to 84mpg and keep costs down. Soon that changed to some mystery outside supplier engine. Money wasted.
All along many of us were asking "why not electric?" Then the whole line about the poor and first commuter accessible to all and blah blah blah..... And now, full circle to this? Really?

Even if they do, by some miracle, end up producing this, there's no way in hell they'll get a battery big enough and cheap enough to get this over 150 miles of range at sustained speeds of 70mph for $14,000. You read it here first. Could it be done? Sure, but not by this group of clowns. Paul will probably insist that the battery pack resemble the old ray-o-vac 6v cell bolted to the bottom of his grandpappy's first flashlight.

The more I think about all the wrong turns this sorry excuse of a company has made over the years, the more pissed I get. So I'll just stop thinking.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone posted on Facebook a snippet from the SEC filing. It says it will be electric with a 14K price point.
The $14K is on Elio’s website now, along with the reference to an electric power train (without elaborating on it). Good thing I wasn’t eating or drinking when that email popped up. Would’ve chucked up whatever was going down.

Top Bottom