• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to offer the name "The Ganz Lancer" in honor of Joseph Ganz, the originator of the of the first Volkswagen. You'll notice my site call name here is "Folks" as an English translation of the word Volks in the German name Volkswagen. I was mainly hoping to draw an extremely close parallel between the spirit and origin of both the Volkswagen and the Elio as the peoples vehicle. They both owe their origins as to the desire to create a practical bare minimum but reliable and safe for the common folks. Joseph Ganz had suffered some injuries from motor cycles and wanted to use his engineering talent to create the practical alternative with out breaking the bank so-to-speak. Sound familiar? Not going threw the complete story but the future of Germany somehow got kidnapped from the German folks by a guy named Adolf. And so the story goes Joseph as Jewish was charged with fraudulently attempting to steal and copy the German car design. Ganz ultimately escaped with his life and immigrated to Australia dying there in 1974, I believe.
Similarly Paul Elio in many ways could fall victim to greedy financial barons here in American and similarly be run off by these big and powerful competition interests. Most cynics have already written Paul off this way. Maybe I like pulling for the underdog, but, I'm a champion of the design genius of Paul's Elio and would very much like the people to win and help the the single mothers or struggling young families get a leg up on better and more jobs. Cockeyed optimist? Maybe so. Maybe there's hope that free enterprise still works in America for the little man too. Why the name Lancer? Lancers were a triple threat. Able to serve both as fast and mobile for deployment, plus serve as either Lightning Cavalry or as an infantry ground unit. The Elio is a triple threat too, the way I see it. Is the Joseph Ganz story controversial? Yes, but so is Paul. LOL

Using the name "Lancer" might generate a law suit from Chrysler.

Paul Elio doesn't so much remind me of Henry Ford as Preston Tucker.... sorry to say.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Using the name "Lancer" might generate a law suit from Chrysler.[/QUOTE said:
So if "Lancer" wont cut it, Let's call it the Ganz Avenger. or Maybe the "Ganzstertrikester" (3 wheels, get it?) . With a German sounding name , some of the competitors could be fooled that it was some insignificant (noncompetitive) startup in Germany and simply ignore it thus allowing it to come to fruition before the bigboys took her out.
ON a serious note about comparing Preston Tucker, Henry Ford, and Paul Elio, Personally i think your out of your league to try to compare any of them. Especially Preston, He was so far above your pay grade it's not funny.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Elio should partner with a Chinese automaker (Geely + Elio = Geelio), make a name for itself over there, and then use the profits to build in the U.S. Wih so many manufacturers trying to establish market share over there, Elio could distinguish itself wih its unique styling and high mileage. It could also find a market over there (and maybe India) with a large part of the population inclined to travel by motorcycle.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Elio should partner with a Chinese automaker (Geely + Elio = Geelio), make a name for itself over there, and then use the profits to build in the U.S. Wih so many manufacturers trying to establish market share over there, Elio could distinguish itself wih its unique styling and high mileage. It could also find a market over there (and maybe India) with a large part of the population inclined to travel by motorcycle.
Paul wanted to prove USA workers can do more then stare at there smart phones all day and produce and sell and make a profit in the USA. I would say if he builds them over sea's and sells them over there (Does NOT import to USA) and uses that profit to build and sell here (at a profit) would still prove his point. Would just suggest you need a lot of money to start a car business here and that he couldn't raise the money here, so had to make his own outside funding.

I heard money goes WAY further there then in the USA. But can 4,444 open a factory, and start knocking out cars there? I know some companies here don't have there own factories there but use general purpose factories that make different things for different companies. My Ironmaster weight set does that, and its anything but junk. There equipment is very high quality.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The minute someone gets into a fatal accident in an Elio, whether it's the driver's fault or a fault in the vehicle, the Internet will no doubt come up with a clever "Elio KISS-o-Death" meme.

Top Bottom