• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mark said it would be quiet for a while. Not to worry. He's still working on it. Building it is the easy part. He has to get all the other things done so that it can be produced. Who knows, maybe he's working on a partnership where he will finish the design and someone else will build it. Hopefully big news soon.
I for one am patient. (Good things come to those that wait?)
There is no easy part. :) Buidling the prototype and a fleet of test vehicles is hard. The FMVSS motorcycle Certification process required for the production model is harder. Funding the production start, sourcing parts, and contracting sales and servicing partners is hardest. Scaled Production numbers determined by proven demand required to make the vehicle affordable for the masses and profitable for BEX is even harder yet.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The FMVSS motorcycle Certification process required for the production model is harder.
What about a "kit car" or in this situation a "kit motorcycle"?? Does the same process apply??

*** NOTE *** I'm not suggesting that Mark change gears and sell a kit car/motorcycle (for the mongrel), but if "push came to shove", is that an option??

Personally, I'm OK with assembling my own BEX Mongrel, as long as Mark includes instructions -- that are better than IKEA furniture instructions.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about a "kit car" or in this situation a "kit motorcycle"?? Does the same process apply??

*** NOTE *** I'm not suggesting that Mark change gears and sell a kit car/motorcycle (for the mongrel), but if "push came to shove", is that an option??

Personally, I'm OK with assembling my own BEX Mongrel, as long as Mark includes instructions -- that are better than IKEA furniture instructions.
Registering and licensing kit vehicles in various States appears complicated: https://www.nhtsa.gov/interpretations/nht93-646

My hope is for a FMVSS certified production model BEX with mass market appeal and available local sales/servicing partners.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Registering and licensing kit vehicles in various States appears complicated: https://www.nhtsa.gov/interpretations/nht93-646

My hope is for a FMVSS certified production model BEX with mass market appeal and available local sales/servicing partners.
I still enjoy this BEX project but it's a long shot reaching our shores. Mark's test bed should be the Chinese market and if it turned out to be safe, reliable and sells well then he won't have no problem partnering with investors and possibly offer it to foreign markets.

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I still enjoy this BEX project but it's a long shot reaching our shores. Mark's test bed should be the Chinese market and if it turned out to be safe, reliable and sells well then he won't have no problem partnering with investors and possibly offer it to foreign markets.
Dream big. Maybe Mark is negotiating with companies that will assemble here in the USA. Yes, dream big.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too. We’ve been following three wheeler long shots for a long time my old 3wheelin friend. :)

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the project dead?

Never. I would openly tell you up front if it was. I haven't taken a cent from anybody, so I have nothing to hide.

I do apologies for the lack of updates, I have been traveling all around including to the world famous Canton Fair, for interested parties, suppliers etc, and have had almost no internet access, as well as my phone stopped working anyway.

But things are generally going well, hang in there :cool:

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score

? I have no interest to market anywhere else initially other than to the America market.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I do apologies for the lack of updates, I have been traveling all around including to the world famous Canton Fair, for interested parties, suppliers etc, and have had almost no internet access, as well as my phone stopped working anyway.

But things are generally going well, hang in there :cool:
hate to hear your phone stopped working .... a person can lose a great many things when that happens .... not surprised in the least to hear that you've busy with the development of your trike

Top Bottom