• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front subframe and firewall box is pretty much production ready.

1691579863507.png

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The front subframe is attached to the floor, and setting up the suspension and steering is the next step, checking everything for clearances, alignment etc.

Here you see the lower control arms in place, and the steering rack is hiding behind the crossmember, you can see the pinion shaft sticking up into the square hole ... and who said "a round peg doesn't fit into a square hole" ...

1691857107598.png

Velhartice

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front subframe is attached to the floor, and setting up the suspension and steering is the next step, checking everything for clearances, alignment etc.

Here you see the lower control arms in place, and the steering rack is hiding behind the crossmember, you can see the pinion shaft sticking up into the square hole ... and who said "a round peg doesn't fit into a square hole" ...

View attachment 26689
Does the steering rack drop out the bottom for service or does the subframe need to removed first?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I lengthened the strengthening plate, the distance of the yellow lines, because it didn't quite extend past the engine mounts to my satisfaction, my blunder, I should have measured better.. i.e. as they say, measure 38 times, cut once.

And as you can see, the suspension is basically mounted, including lateral brace from mount to mount that you can't see.

1692973741874.png

Top Bottom