• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Motorcycle Plate?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio production my guess is 4th quarter 2017. We do not really know until some solid funding information is presented. They have been doing well lately so hopefully that shows something is going on we do not know about.

As for plates not sure in my state only one plate would be issued and it should be a motorcycle plate. This may change once the DMV sees what an Elio is.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is currently a "motorcycle" in all 50 states. A few states have added separate classifications for "autocycles", but these are considered a subset of motorcycles. At any rate, they will all get motorcycle plates, at least when it launches.

I, too, am hoping for a July 2017 delivery date. Some of us here are more optimistic, others more pessimistic. But the longer it takes, the more time I have to save up cash and buy it outright, so that doesn't bother me.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think I can get an Elio by next July?
The Elio has been "one year away" for several years now. I believe it will continue to be "one year away" until such time as Elio Motors gets a large influx of cash. If that happens, then you can mark you calendar. If it doesn't, then you can expect the delivery date to slide 30 days every month.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio is currently a "motorcycle" in all 50 states. A few states have added separate classifications for "autocycles", but these are considered a subset of motorcycles. At any rate, they will all get motorcycle plates, at least when it launches.

I, too, am hoping for a July 2017 delivery date. Some of us here are more optimistic, others more pessimistic. But the longer it takes, the more time I have to save up cash and buy it outright, so that doesn't bother me.
49 out of 50 states with autocycle subset i.e. no helmet

Top Bottom