• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Momentum V176

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have and you are right. I was just hoping that they'd use the ones my bike use. They allow you to remove and replace the two panels on the side of the bike. One conceals a compartment that holds the tool kit. Most interior panels do use the little furry trees as you stated. They are cheap and easy enough to replace which means Elio will probably use that style but, a man can dream...
Those are actually a very good idea! But not cost effective as stated. Although if I can find the right components I may switch them out when I get mine. Thanks Ty

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have and you are right. I was just hoping that they'd use the ones my bike use. They allow you to remove and replace the two panels on the side of the bike. One conceals a compartment that holds the tool kit. Most interior panels do use the little furry trees as you stated. They are cheap and easy enough to replace which means Elio will probably use that style but, a man can dream...
Yes, there was a time that they used screws for holding the interior in place, but they found these clips were cheaper and quicker, so it has to do with speed and cost, (the longer it takes to put them in, the more they cost)
But if you redo the interior yourself, you can add the screws, just remember use stainless steel screws (so they don't rust) and remember to counter-sink the holes so the heads sit flush. Yes, it's a lot more work.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, they'll use something like what Honda uses on their motorcycles. It's a (I won't say penis because that would be a little vulgar) arrow shaped piece on the trim that fits into a snug hole that is lined in some kind of softer material like rubber. You can pop the panel out and back in repeatedly. The shape of the arrowhead keeps the piece snug.
Watch your phraseology!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there was a time that they used screws for holding the interior in place, but they found these clips were cheaper and quicker, so it has to do with speed and cost, (the longer it takes to put them in, the more they cost)
But if you redo the interior yourself, you can add the screws, just remember use stainless steel screws (so they don't rust) and remember to counter-sink the holes so the heads sit flush. Yes, it's a lot more work.
They aren't screws. The back of the panel has a post that fits into a rubberized hole in the dash (in this case). pushing the post, which is larger at the point and tapers quickly back to the post diameter, into the hole "overcenters" the hole and basically sucks the panel into place. They stay well. The problem, as stated above is that there is an extra step in manufacturing of putting the rubber grommet in the dash hole that the panel post fits into.

Top Bottom