• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

Yakatak

Elio Fan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="EastCoastCentralFla, post: 158233, member: 2201".
Then when that fated day finally arrives when my Elio gets to the end of the production line, because I'm locked in and because I paid $1,000.00 back in whatever year it was, I then only have to cough up $6,000.00 and the car is mine. ($7,000.00 locked in price minus the $1,000.00 = $6,000.00 ending price). /QUOTE] And.....What about the $500.00 bonus? The final price for an "All In", "Locked In", buyer should be $5500.00 minus the additional mini-bonus some of the early adopters got?? I will likely sign, but a little more clarity from Elio would be appreciated.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
i just received an email (as most of you had) discussing the fact that Paul Elio has locked in the final price of the base vehicle, which is now exactly $500 more than the $6,800 that Paul has talked about since the inception of this project.

I think it's more of a coincidence than anything else that those of us who were teased to go "all-in" would have incentive my getting an additional company match amount...now only to see the price of the base vehicle increased by....the same amount of company match.

Oh...you can save $300 from that by now entering into a binding commitment to purchase, but this now means if anything else changes at all, too bad, so sad.

I can't help but feel a little slighted by this move, especially amid the years that this has been delayed time and time again - but I'm not surprised by their action. It was the people who dropped their money early on for a product that at the time was vapor ware to only see the promise of the company match eroded away by their price increase.

/EndOfRant
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/bonus-bonus-for-early-reservationists.7391/#post-150949

So... $1,000 All-in for me becomes a $1,700 savings off my Elio because of the late additional 20% off which is because I went all in on April 25,2014. Now, I've locked in my Elio at $7,300 which warrants an additional $300 off. That makes a total of $2,000 off my Elio. So, if I decide to get a base model, I'll have to show up with $5,000 for my Elio. (Sure I could have done something with that $1,000 I put down so long ago but that's something "Past Ty" did. Present Ty doesn't feel the loss. Future Ty is going to get an Elio for $5,000... Well, a bit more once I add a couple of things like carpet...)

Martin Brock

Elio Fan
Reaction score
OK yeah I got the email and read through, but came up confused. So am here hoping for clarity.
I think the part I'm confused about is the $1,000 I put in a few years back.
So if I do this additional commitment, because me dropping 1K years ago just doesn't say I want the car bad enough, it brings the list price down $300, and I'm locked in for a $7,000. car. Am I right so far?

Then when that fated day finally arrives when my Elio gets to the end of the production line, because I'm locked in and because I paid $1,000.00 back in whatever year it was, I then only have to cough up $6,000.00 and the car is mine. ($7,000.00 locked in price minus the $1,000.00 = $6,000.00 ending price). Like I said earlier, nothing says commitment like giving up $1,000.00 on a concept that may or may not reach completion. But I'll sign if that's what they want. How many more hoops?!? Geez

If you make the additional commitment now and if you made a non-refundable deposit when the bonus offer was 50%, then I assume that you'll take possession of your Elio (standard features) for $5500. If you make a $1000, non-refundable deposit now, with the additional commitment, then you'll take possession for $5725 ($7000 - $1250) or a total of $6725.

I definitely understand how you feel if you reserved two or three years ago and have wondered since if you'd ever see a car, but EM seems committed to its price for early adopters. Apparently, an offer below $6800 is still on the table, and why wouldn't I make the additional commitment if I'm making a non-refundable deposit anyway? Maybe the final, certified mileage is a little less than advertised. Maybe some other detail isn't precisely what was expected. Would that stop me from buying?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so at work and super confused. I'm all in at $100 already. Do i need to increase my all in to $500 minimum? Do i need to do anything to "lock in"? Can't really take time to research and don't want to stress it all day.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so at work and super confused. I'm all in at $100 already. Do i need to increase my all in to $500 minimum? Do i need to do anything to "lock in"? Can't really take time to research and don't want to stress it all day.
Just follow the link on the email they sent you. there will be a couple of questions for you to answer and then you just submit. There is no further outlay of cash required.

Or, just do nothing. You'll be in the same position you are in right now... in line to buy a $7,300 Elio. If you commit (like I mentioned above), you'll save an additional $300 off the price of your Elio which effectively brings it's price down to $7,000.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Xtspode is locked in. Let's get the assembly line running. Dad always said not to buy the first year model, but I think I would like the opportunity to buy the new turbo convertible hybrid in a couple years too. First thing we need is to get the doors open and make Paul successful then have him run for president. The world needs visionaries and persistent and "Git er done" kind of people! We don't need as many of the "that's the way we have always done it" types. There is some wisdom in a steady course, but that requires confidence that you are going the right way. I think that EM is heading the right way with a good concept. I look forward to seeing it happen. I know locking in on an a concept is a little tenuous but we need to step up if we can.

Top Bottom