• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I showed the wifelet Elios advertisement claiming $6800 sale price and 84 MPG, her response was "No way are they going to sell that little car for $6800!" I agreed, if my memory serves me. :oops:

Also, I think the expectation of 84 MPG is a bit ummmm ... lofty. We should rationally expect that number to be revised, as well. And the proposed vehicle weight [1260 pounds] will probably go up. Especially since EM opted for the metal body over the composite.

My point is, as time passes, my hopes and expectations of the Elio go down somewhat.

Understood, but not a deal breaker. Look at it this way, They are meeting your expectations.:rolleyes::D

Andrew J

Reaction score
I have to say that I am thrilled that there is a locked in price. When I put my money down a few years ago I told people at the time who questioned, that would be thrilled if the final numbers came in within 10% of what they were saying. so about $7,480 and 76 mpg. Looks like the financial piece has fallen into my expectations and since I have been a reservation holder as long as I have I got the additional incentive of 15% for ordering before the end of 2014. Some early reservation holders got an additional %35 percent. So I would say that the "erosion of your bonus" part was compensated for if you ordered early enough.

I work in an industry where contingencies are built into the price of the job and this was the same. It was always a bit of a gamble, but what I got for the All In has been worth the entertainment value at least.

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
OK yeah I got the email and read through, but came up confused. So am here hoping for clarity.
I think the part I'm confused about is the $1,000 I put in a few years back.
So if I do this additional commitment, because me dropping 1K years ago just doesn't say I want the car bad enough, it brings the list price down $300, and I'm locked in for a $7,000. car. Am I right so far?

Then when that fated day finally arrives when my Elio gets to the end of the production line, because I'm locked in and because I paid $1,000.00 back in whatever year it was, I then only have to cough up $6,000.00 and the car is mine. ($7,000.00 locked in price minus the $1,000.00 = $6,000.00 ending price). Like I said earlier, nothing says commitment like giving up $1,000.00 on a concept that may or may not reach completion. But I'll sign if that's what they want. How many more hoops?!? Geez

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you even have any actual documentation of your $500 bonus? I did the same thing - paid $1,000 back in August of 2014 for the "bonus" $500.

Pulling back up my confirmation e-mail now all I can see on my receipt is that I paid $1,000 for a t-shirt lol. Literally all it lists is "Gotta Have It! - T-shirt size Large" for $1,000.

After that, they e-mailed me my spot in line (number 6,578) but it's interesting now that I can't find any trace/confirmation of the $500 bonus thing.

Even logging into my account on their website it lists nothing other than that I paid $1,000 for a t-shirt under my order history and it shows "complete" as order status.

I received that locked-in price e-mail this morning but frankly I don't even remember/know at this point what "level" I was at - I'm assuming the $1,000 I paid was the non-refundable option and that I am now locked-in at $7,300 and need to take no further action? Sure would be nice if Elio was a little more clear on the account information on their website.
People can contact EM to get confirmation of their bonus(es). Send them an email question and you'll get your confirmation.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will likely commit although I am loving driving my Leaf.

I love our Leaf too! I just wish it drove further. Our 2012 didn't come with the DC Fast charge socket though. The only improvement I would ask for is 20 more miles of range, and the Fast Charge socket. So around 2020 we're gonna upgrade to a pre-owned 2017 Chevy Bolt. With 200 miles of range, then we could continue to drive that car well into 2040s even with +50% battery degredation. As it is, I want to hold onto our Leaf as long as possible, to see how far it will go :)

Top Bottom