• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Liberty University Online Academy

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there...
Anybody here involved with LUOA? We are pulling my 9th grader out of a private Christian school and are going to begin homeschooling using the curriculum from Liberty University's online high school program.
Anyone have any experience / thoughts / prayers (man we need these... this is a huge step for us!)

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I taught Christian school using ACE in 1980. How does it compare with ACE? Also, if your 9th grader is to go on to higher education, consider what we did with my son. Spend the last year in public high school to get a "respectable" diploma.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I can gather, Liberty was using ACE up until a few years ago. I gather they are comparable.
One cool thing about LUOA is that the Jr. and Sr. years, they can take University courses and there fore graduate high school with an Associates degree as well.
Then if he decided to go on to College at Liberty University, he gets all the money that we spent on high school back as scholarships.
Kinda cool.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anybody here involved with LUOA? We are pulling my 9th grader out of a private Christian school and are going to begin homeschooling using the curriculum from Liberty University's online high school program.
Anyone have any experience / thoughts / prayers (man we need these... this is a huge step for us!)
Good for you Comp.
I wish you the best in that as I do in all your endeavors.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of us on this website are a little older than you and your wife. Most have had kids graduate from high school and college. Feel free to contact me directly to ask questions. I will pass on my experience and insight. Never hurts to have help raising kids. Its your number one priority in life.
Thanks Jake! I'm sure we'll do fine, it's just a major change and a lot of responsibility. With help from people like you, friends, and The Man Upstairs, I'm sure we'll be fine.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wishing you the best-Have you considered a Yeshiva? (Me smiling)

Top Bottom