• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Less Than $7,600, No Sooner Than 4th Qtr 2016

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting that when the Hello Elio marketing campaign started in '08 the base price was $7300. If EM hits the '08 $7300 target or less considering inflation over the past 7 years, I would give them credit for doing so.
right on you nailed it, according to The U.s.Inflation Calculator:

2008 -$6800
2015-$7538

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that any cars in 2016 will go to us -- and maybe at $6,800. But my reading of the tea leaves is that there may be a handful of production cars out the door in 2016, but the flood (and maybe even the bulk of the reservation-holders' cars) won't arrive til early 2017. Do we know yet how many are in the $1,000 all-in bracket at present?
Looking at the "What's your Number" thread it looks like we're up to 14,500 or so.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was happy to read both the email and the SEC filing today. I'm glad that they are working hard to get the capitol needed to get this car on the road. From reading the comments it is clear that many people can't grasp how difficult of an undertaking launching this car is. Remember, they are starting from scratch.
I also read someone say that you can't believe anything Paul says. I've been closely following Elio Motors for at least two full years now. The entire time, I have been aware that delays were not only possible, but expected, the car went from looking like a garage made kit to something more production like, and that the price point was a goal, but it may not be accomplished. The MPG has also been a reachable goal, but Paul has admittedly said that they will come close but may not make it. I typically dedicate 20 to 30 minutes a week to Elio research and boards, I've known this since before I put one dollar in the company.

If you didn't, you can't blame anyone but yourself. Come 2018 if the company goes bust (or any other time) and I loose money, you will not see me here or anywhere else complaining. I risked my money on a start up company, to expect anything else would be uninformed. If you made a financial decision with out be informed you shouldn't come on a board and tell every one about your uneducated choice, you should probably keep that to yourself.
Speaking for myself, and as Paul is fond of saying when he gets backed into the corner,"well the crystal ball is broken" I'm in from my day one.
Doesn't happen, I gave a 1k donation to the future of innovated transportation technology. I've now been "strung out" too many times to accept the latest info, would love to be pleasantly surprised. Whatever any of us says is pure speculation, so we fantasize our own expectations. Not long ago, I was planning my extras, and thought my email order was "in the mail", then the engine fiasco, the "funding is not an obstacle" should have been the wake-up call for EM to only announce something when it's a reality.
I am pleased, however, that we can have this open discussion without needing to stoop to labeling (trolls) as has been done in the past.
I believe there is no one currently "stirring the pot" just to get a rise out of someone else- I applaud the civility

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking for myself, and as Paul is fond of saying when he gets backed into the corner,"well the crystal ball is broken" I'm in from my day one.
Doesn't happen, I gave a 1k donation to the future of innovated transportation technology. I've now been "strung out" too many times to accept the latest info, would love to be pleasantly surprised. Whatever any of us says is pure speculation, so we fantasize our own expectations. Not long ago, I was planning my extras, and thought my email order was "in the mail", then the engine fiasco, the "funding is not an obstacle" should have been the wake-up call for EM to only announce something when it's a reality.
I am pleased, however, that we can have this open discussion without needing to stoop to labeling (trolls) as has been done in the past.
I believe there is no one currently "stirring the pot" just to get a rise out of someone else- I applaud the civility
TROLL!!

I just couldn't help myself.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the "What's your Number" thread it looks like we're up to 14,500 or so.
Well, that's probably about what they can do in a week right after starting the ass'y line. That would be 95.2 million in gross income. I think they said they could do 250 cars a day at first, then 500 per day. At 250 cars per day, 5 days a week, that's 56 production days -- nearly 11 weeks or just shy of 3 months to make all the current crop of $1,000 all-inners. If they get it up to 500 per day (two shifts), 5 day per week, we're looking at 6 to 8 weeks.

So unless you're a real early bird reservation holder, think Feb- March 2017 to drive your Elio. That sucks, but it beats never driving it! (Which could still happen, but I hope not).

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Several things about the offering bother me. In no particular order:
  • "(I)nvestors in this offering will own less than 8% of the then outstanding shares of common stock, but will have paid over 60% of the total consideration for our outstanding shares." Seems a bit out of balance. The Private Placement Investors appear to have invested a total of slightly less than $9 million but got at 22% stake in the company.
  • "Our issuance of convertible notes and warrants could substantially dilute the interests of shareholders and depress the market price for our common stock." So our 8% stake could become much less.
  • Multiple places it says "Maximum of 2,090,000 shares of common stock" but then on page 9 it stats "To the extent that we sell more than 2,090,000 hares, the additional net proceeds will be used for working capital." I'm not clear how many shares they're going to be trying to sell.
I really want to believe, but I'm seeing things that are making that difficult.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I read was fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest which could mean anything .The price of $6800 should be met based on the pure fact the government says there is no inflation .
I'm hanging in for the end results all I can loose is $100

Please note I did find the last paragraphs encouraging

Last edited:
Top Bottom