• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Leo's

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A person in a state where pot is legal, stops at a gas station, pays for gas, gets change, comes up on a holiday check point for drunk drivers. Drug dog signals LEO and car and person is searched, person is POed, car is tore up, only to find the change they received at the gas station just came from a person that smokes that crap or a pot store.
Can this happen?
What happens if the money makes it to another state?
Thanks

Last edited:

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A person in a state where pot is legal, stops at a gas station, pays for gas, gets change, comes up on a holiday check point for drunk drivers. Drug dog signals LEO and car and person is searched, person is POed, car is tore up, only to find the change they received at the gas station just came from a person that smokes that crap or a pot store.
Can this happen?
What happens if the money makes it to another state?
Thanks
It could, I'm not an expert on dogs but I'm a retired LEO and the smell of Pot is very easy for me to spot. SCOTUS ruled several years ago there was in "Plain Smell" same as in plan sight. I believe it was an automobile case. Folks the smell of pot lingers in your cloths just like cigarette smoke. Every go to a bar or a party and when you get home you feel like you need a shower because you can't stand the smell of the smoke...... Most of the Dope smokers would wear the same coat day in day out in the winter.. The last joint could have been smoked 2 days ago , but I could smell it.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It could, I'm not an expert on dogs but I'm a retired LEO and the smell of Pot is very easy for me to spot. SCOTUS ruled several years ago there was in "Plain Smell" same as in plan sight. I believe it was an automobile case. Folks the smell of pot lingers in your cloths just like cigarette smoke. Every go to a bar or a party and when you get home you feel like you need a shower because you can't stand the smell of the smoke...... Most of the Dope smokers would wear the same coat day in day out in the winter.. The last joint could have been smoked 2 days ago , but I could smell it.

I was thinking more on the line of some innocent person getting hit on by a drug dog just because they have drug money on them from the gas station. I was MP Corrections in the Corps, and dog’s then could not tell the drugs apart. They would only signal when they came across something. Will this (false alarms) start to happen more, now that pot is legal.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see it this way. Like the idiot's that take their guns to the airport with their CHL, the pot smokers will take their pot with perscription out of state.
(disclaimer: Not all CHL holders are idiot's. The jury is still out on the pot smokers.)

Top Bottom